Hello my Windows Insiders!
This week we have been hosting a Continuum App Contest in Redmond and it’s been really cool to see the awesome apps our dev Insiders have created. I installed the finalists’ apps and love how useful they are to my day-to-day—on both PC AND Phone. You all should check them out, there are some that are quite—Insider-y 🙂
You can get a Perfect Workout—anywhere! The graphics & animations on this app are simply wow and failure-proof.
You can keep track of what’s going on with world currencies (along with a TON of other functionality) with Calc Pro (coming soon to HoloLens as well!).
I have my personal blog on WordPress, so I really loved WP for Windows (which has gorgeous magazine style layouts and a read-out-loud feature!).
EZPodder is perfect for me to consume TED Radio & my other fave podcasts from anywhere (the presentation also came with a free Design for non-Designers lesson along with MVVN design patterns example, which was awesome for a nerd like me!).
And of course, what is life without a hilarious Meme Generator Suite (and there are a TON of templates especially for you, my creative Windows Insiders!).
We in Redmond are about to take off for the long weekend to celebrate the 4th of July weekend, BUT before then we wanted to give you what we’ve been working on. Today we are releasing Build 14379 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring with another batch of bug fixes based on feedback:
Improvements and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where the size of the Credential UI might not be big enough to display the contents on a PC with High DPI.
- We fixed an issue where Action Center might crash after dismissing a large number of notifications.
- We fixed an issue where Centennial app launches from Start or Cortana wouldn’t count towards those apps bubbling up in Start’s “Most used” list.
- We fixed an issue where no note would have keyboard focus after minimizing then reopening the Sticky Notes app.
Improvements and fixes for Mobile
- We fixed an issue that could result in a stray focus rectangle becoming visible in certain apps, such as Groove or Cortana, after bringing up the keyboard.
- We fixed an issue where the aspect ratio of images on live tile wasn’t preserved if they need to be shrunk, leading to them appearing stretched.
Known issues for PC
- Using Continuum from your phone on your PC via the Connect app will not work. This should be fixed in the next build.
Known issues for Mobile
- You can open PDFs in Microsoft Edge but won’t be able to use touch to interact with the PDF (such as scrolling, pan or zoom). When you try to use touch to interact with a PDF, it will constantly reload the PDF.
- We’ve heard you and we are investigating decreases in battery life on older devices such as the Lumia 830, 930, and 1520.
- We’re also investigating Wi-Fi disconnect issues – if you are experiencing an issue with your Wi-Fi disconnecting, please see this forum post and make sure to upvote Wi-Fi disconnecting issues in the Feedback Hub.
- REMINDER: We have changed the backup format for Windows 10 Mobile devices to reduce the size of the backup stored in OneDrive. As a result, if you do a backup on a device running the latest Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds and move back to the released version of Windows 10 Mobile (Build 10586) and restore from your backup – your Start screen layout won’t restore and remain the default Start layout. Your previous backup also gets overwritten. If you need to go back to Build 10586 temporarily, once you are on Build 10586 you should disable backup so it doesn’t overwrite the good backup from Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds.
Check out some of those sweet apps for Phone and PC, play with the build. have a fantastic weekend and as always, keep hustling,
Updated June 28, 2018 8:41 am