This brand-new update brings great new features like Clubs, Looking for Group, Achievement Rarity, Group Messaging and more. With this holiday update, Xbox Live becomes even more social as we unite gamers across devices, giving you access to more people to play with that share your interests and more choice in how you play. The update also builds upon our vision to foster a welcoming experience on Xbox Live where everyone is included, respected, and supported.
Those on Windows 10 PCs or phone can expect the updated features to hit their Xbox app starting today. Xbox One owners can expect their system to also update starting today with the new features.
Here’s what’s new in the Xbox App for Windows 10:
- Clubs on Xbox Live: Clubs are gamer-created and managed groups that can help you meet people and grow communities of gamers who love the same things you do. Anyone can join or create a Club, and you’ll probably see a Club for just about everything. As a Club member, you’ll be able to set up parties, play games, share content, and easily communicate using voice and text chat with the Club across Xbox One and the Xbox app on Windows 10. Check out our tutorial video on Clubs here.
- Looking for Group on Xbox Live: Looking for Group (LFG) helps you quickly find other players that you want to game with. You can use LFG to help complete daily quests, Achievement hunt or even get a group together to annihilate hordes of the Swarm and DeeBees in Gears of War 4. Quick and easy. Whether you’re playing on Xbox One or Windows 10 PC, you can quickly find other gamers to play with on Xbox Live. Check out our tutorial video on LFG here.
- Achievement Rarity: Achievement Rarity helps you discover just how unique an Achievement is among players of a given game. When you earn a rare Achievement, you’ll get a special notification and diamond icon highlighting it. Unlock one today and let us know how you like the new animation!
- Group Messaging on Xbox Live: Group Messaging helps you coordinate and keep in touch with your friends and fellow gamers by sending a single group message to everyone in a single conversation. Group Messaging works across Xbox One and the Xbox app on Windows 10.
- Gamerscore Leaderboard: We’ve improved the Gamerscore Leaderboard on Xbox One and the Xbox app on Windows 10 devices. The Leaderboard now resets at the beginning of each month instead of displaying results for a 30-day rolling period, meaning you and your friends will have a clean slate to compete against one another at the start of each month! You can keep an eye on the Gamerscore Leaderboard through the Achievements tab in your profile.
Head over to Xbox Wire to read all about the new features rolling out to Xbox Live on Xbox One and the Xbox app starting today!