Acer announces powerful new gaming notebooks with Windows 10
At Acer’s [email protected] global press conference in New York this week, the company unveiled the powerful and thin Predator Triton 700 gaming notebook and its new Predator Helios 300 gaming notebook line, all powered by Windows 10.
These devices are built to take advantage of everything that’s new for PC gamers in the Windows 10 Creators Update. With the Creators Update, you have access to built-in game streaming with Beam and a better gaming experience on Windows 10 with Game Mode, which dedicates more system resources to your game. With Windows 10, these devices also have your personal digital assistant, Cortana*, built-in, are equipped with the Xbox app and Direct X12 and can take advantage of Xbox Play Anywhere. Head over here for tips on getting started using the Xbox app on your Windows 10 PC.
Let’s take a look at these devices:
The Predator Triton 700: a Thin yet Powerful Gaming Notebook without Compromise
Powered by Windows 10, the Predator Triton 700’s svelte 18.9 mm (.74 inch), 2.6kg (5.7 pound) aluminum chassis houses a 15.6-inch FHD IPS display and best-in-class computing technologies, striking just the right balance of size and performance without sacrificing thermals, features or rigidity.
Must-have gaming tech and features include standard-voltage 7th Gen Intel Core processors, the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10-Series graphics, speedy NVMe PCIe SSDs and lightning-fast Thunderbolt 3. two NVMe PCIe SSDs in RAID 0 configuration and up to 32GB of DDR4 2400MHz memory.
As the first of the new ultrathin Predator Triton gaming notebook series, its understated black chassis features a minimalist design. A large glass plate above the keyboard serves as a window into the notebook’s cooling system, showcasing the AeroBlade 3D Fan and five heat pipes, and also functions as a touchpad.
Other features include:
- Killer DoubleShot Pro networking and Thunderbolt 3 connectivity, which provides speeds up to 40 Gbps and supports dual 4K video output
- Bright, vibrant visuals on a 15.6-inch FHD IPS display with NVIDIA G-SYNC support for connecting to an external monitor
- Acer TrueHarmony delivers immersive audio with crisp, rich acoustics. Skype for Business Certification ensures conversations are clear and lag-free.
- PredatorSense software enables you to control and customize the Predator Triton 700’s vitals from one central interface, including lighting, hotkeys, fan control and general system monitoring.
- Dual Acer AeroBlade 3D Fans provides advanced thermal performance allowing for its ultrathin form factor
- Two USB 3.0 ports (featuring power-off USB charging), one USB 2.0 port, an HDMI 2.0 port, one DisplayPort connector and a Gigabit Ethernet port for those preferring a hard-wired connection.
Price and Availability: The Predator Triton 700 gaming notebook will be available in North America in August starting at $2,999; and in EMEA in August starting at €3,399.
The new powerful Predator Helios 300 gaming notebook line offers strong performance at midrange prices
The new Predator Helios 300 line is powered by Windows 10, 7th Gen Intel Core i7 or i5 standard-voltage processors, overclockable NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or 1050Ti graphics, fast wireless connectivity and solid state drives.
At the heart of the Predator Helios 300 is an overclockable NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or 1050Ti GPU combined with a 7th Gen Intel Core i7 (7700HQ) or i5 processor (7300HQ) for outstanding performance. All of this processing power is supported with up to 16GB of DDR4 memory (upgradable to 32GB), a speedy SATA SSD and a 1TB HDD.
Bright 15.6-inch or 17.3-inch FHD IPS displays provide vibrant, vivid imagery, while Acer TrueHarmony delivers immersive audio with crisp, rich acoustics. Skype for Business Certification ensures conversations are clear and lag-free while providing a great Cortana with Voice experience.
For smooth game play, a dual fan system featuring AeroBlade 3D Fans with ultra-thin metal blades keeps the notebook running at optimal temperatures. Preloaded PredatorSense software provides real time system information and overclocking, so gamers can monitor and control the system’s vitals from one central interface.
Other features include:
- A classic but tasteful gaming chassis with an iron red backlit keyboard, selected models include a metal top cover and keyboard area for added strength and rigidity
- Available with 15.6-inch or 17.3-inch FHD IPS displays.
- Shipping with Windows 10, it offers powerful features and technologies at mid-range price points, making gaming notebooks more accessible than ever.
- Includes a USB 3.1 Type-C port, a USB 3.0 port (featuring power-off USB charging), two USB 2.0 ports, and an HDMI 2.0 connection
- Connects wirelessly through fast 2×2 802.11ac technology, and also includes a Gigabit Ethernet port for those preferring a hard-wired connection.
- An access compartment doors on the bottom of the notebooks makes it easy to upgrade memory and storage components.
Price and Availability: The Predator Helios 300 gaming notebooks with a 15.6-inch display will be available in North America in July starting at $1,299; in EMEA in August starting at €1,199; and in China in June starting at ¥9,999; models with a 17.3-inch display will be available in North America in July starting at ,399; in EMEA in August starting at €1,199; and in China in July starting at ¥9,999.
Exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region. To learn more about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office via www.acer.com.
These new devices were unveiled this week at the [email protected] press event held in New York, where the company announced a range of new devices and solutions for gamers, creators, families, students and professionals. For more information, visit acer.com/nextatacer.
*Cortana available in select markets.