We hope you enjoyed today’s episode of This Week on Windows! Head over here for our Windows 10 Tip on how to organize your Start files with the new tile folders in the Windows 10 Creators Update, explore an ocean world and encounter majestic creatures and ancient secrets in ABZU, now in the Windows Store – or, keep reading to catch up on this week’s news.
In case you missed it:
Here’s what’s new in the Windows Store this week:
This week, HP announced a new portfolio of OMEN PCs, displays and accessories, packed with features designed to target the needs of gamers around the world. Built with Windows 10, these devices arrive equipped with the Xbox app and Direct X12, can take advantage of Xbox Play Anywhere and have Cortana* – your digital personal assistant who can help you complete tasks, set reminders and more – built-in. The new products announced include:
- OMEN X Compact Desktop with a factory-overclocked GPU from NVIDIA and a versatile formfactor, creating the ability to dock and undock quickly for gaming in any room or attach the desktop to a backpack accessory for an unparalleled, untethered VR experience.
- New backpack accessory with the OMEN X Compact Desktop for a new dimension of flexibility to the platform
- OMEN mechanical keyboard, a mouse with weight customization, and a headset with cushioned ear cups to reduce background noise and mousepads designed for precision
- OMEN Desktop with advanced thermal engineering, a modern powerful design and access to industry standard parts for easy upgradability
- Improve your reaction time and maximize the potential of your GPU with the OMEN 25 display with AMD FreeSync or the OMEN 27 Display with NVIDIA G-Sync support
- OMEN 15 and OMEN 17 laptops, with the latest high-performance graphics from NVIDIA and AMD, high-resolution displays with optional GSync and FreeSync technology for fast refresh rates and a single-access service panel
To learn more, visit HP.com!
Beauty and the Beast – Rent from $4.99 or buy from $14.99
The story and characters you love come to life in the live-action adaptation of Disney’s animated classic, a cinematic event celebrating one of the most beloved tales ever told. Rent or own Beauty and the Beast now in the Movies & TV section of the Windows Store.
Fear the Walking Dead Season 3 – Buy from $26.99
In the zombie-ridden wasteland formerly known as the U.S.-Mexico border, the remaining survivors will come together as they attempt to fight off the infected and rebuild not only society, but rebuild their families as well. Don’t miss the season 3 premiere of Fear the Walking Dead ($34.99 HD, $26.99 SD), available now in the Movies & TV section of the Windows Store.
Forza Horizon 3 Mountain Dew Car Pack – Buy for $6.99
Seven new cars arrived today in Forza Horizon 3 with the release of the Mountain Dew Car Pack. From the ultimate track toy prowess found in the 2016 Lotus 3-Eleven or the sensible practicality of “Australia’s Own Car” the 1951 Holden FX Sedan, this car pack is full of fun, functional, and formidable cars to take to the track or your favorite road.
It’s new, it’s fun, it’s three games in one: Microsoft Ultimate Word Games (Free, with IAP options) is the ultimate collection of the three best word games for Windows 10. Start with Crosswords, featuring multiple board sizes, difficulties and lots of options, test your skills at Wordament to find words in a 4×4 grid of letter tiles and then play Jumble to create as many words as you can using the given letters.
Yooka-Laylee – Buy for $39.99
The two pals who lead the way to fun in Yooka-Laylee ($39.99) also give the game its name. The goal is to thwart corporate creep Capital B, but along the way Yooka and Laylee explore the huge, beautiful worlds unfolding before them, meet an unforgettable cast of characters and horde a vault-load of collectibles.
The Father’s Day Collection in the Windows Store helps dads everywhere get the most out of their special day. Find favorite apps for dads including Skype, iHeartRadio, Hulu, OpenTable, PGA Tour, WatchESPN and much more!
Have a great weekend!
Updated June 8, 2017 10:08 am