Today, at the Xbox E3 Briefing in Los Angeles, CA, Microsoft premiered Xbox One X, the world’s most powerful console, and a historic E3 lineup with 42 new games, including 22 with console exclusivity from creators large and small.
Today marked a milestone Xbox E3 Briefing as we unveiled the world’s most powerful console, Xbox One X (formerly code-named “Project Scorpio”), and the largest and most diverse games lineup in E3 history. Broadcast for the first time in 4K UHD on Mixer, we showcased a record 42 games in the briefing including 22 with console exclusivity from creators large and small.
Xbox One X was designed to be the best console to create and play games on, putting the greatest graphic fidelity in the hands of the world’s best game creators to create true 4K games. Head of Xbox Phil Spencer underscored that every game will play great across the Xbox One family, and Xbox One X also makes your existing library even better, with better textures, smoother frame rates and faster load times. Xbox One X is coming to all Xbox One markets starting Nov. 7, 2017, and will retail for $499, 449 pounds, 499 euros, CA$599 and AU$649.1
“Xbox empowers game developers large and small to create different types of games for every type of player,” Spencer said. “Not only do we have the biggest cross-platform blockbusters on our platform, we’ve also scoured the world to bring our fans unique content from creative artists that capture the imagination.”— Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox
Empowering the world’s creators
Xbox empowers game developers around the world to create different types of games for every type of player. Showcasing a record 42 titles on the E3 stage including 22 with console exclusivity, Xbox debuted a wide range of titles from game creators large and small, all of which play better on Xbox One X.
Here’s a closer look at just some of the great titles announced:
- “Crackdown 3” Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive. Starring Terry Crews as Commander Jaxon, “Crackdown 3” brings the boom with its worldwide campaign gameplay reveal, where players will stop crime as a superpowered Agent in a sandbox of mayhem and destruction. Developed by Microsoft Studios in collaboration with Sumo Digital and Reagent Games, “Crackdown 3” delivers four-person campaign co-op, as well as an all-new multiplayer mode2 where destruction is your ultimate weapon, powered by the Microsoft Cloud. Available worldwide on Nov. 7 as an Xbox Play Anywhere title alongside the launch of Xbox One X.
- “Cuphead” Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive. Available beginning Sept. 29, 2017, as an Xbox Play Anywhere title, “Cuphead” is a classic run-and-gun action game heavily focused on boss battles. Inspired by cartoons of the 1930s, the visuals and audio are painstakingly created with the same techniques of the era, i.e., traditional hand-drawn cel animation, watercolor backgrounds and original jazz recordings. Play as Cuphead or Mugman (in single player or local co-op) as you traverse strange worlds, acquire new weapons, learn powerful super moves and discover hidden secrets while you try to pay back your debt to the devil!
- “Forza Motorsport 7” Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive – World Premiere. The best-selling racing franchise of this console generation3 returns with “Forza Motorsport 7.” Experience the danger and beauty of competitive racing at its limits with the most comprehensive automotive game ever made. Drivers will experience gorgeous true 4K graphics at 60 fps and true resolution in HDR within 30 famous environments, with race conditions that change each time you return to the track. Whether you’re a new player or a pro, collect over 700 Forzavista™ cars, including the new 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS cover car and the largest assortment of Ferraris, Porsches and Lamborghinis ever. The premier Xbox One X experience launches worldwide as an Xbox Play Anywhere title in October 2017.
- “Minecraft” Unification, Better Together Update, Super Duper Graphics Pack, coming to Xbox One and Windows 10. Mojang and Microsoft announced a new version of “Minecraft” that will bring the complete “Minecraft” experience to everyone on gaming consoles, mobile, VR and Windows 10 PCs this summer. The unification of “Minecraft” across platforms will transform the “Minecraft” experience everywhere from a game to a platform, providing simple access to massive community servers, community creations from the Minecraft Marketplace, Realms, dedicated servers and more. The team also announced the Super Duper Graphics Pack, a new optional upgrade for in-game visuals in stunning true 4K HDR.
- “Ori and the Will of the Wisps” Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive- world premiere. From the creators of the multi-award-winning “Ori and the Blind Forest” comes the highly anticipated sequel, “Ori and the Will of the Wisps.” Embark on an all-new adventure to discover the mysteries beyond the forest of Nibel, uncover the hidden truths of those lost and unravel Ori’s true destiny.
- “Sea of Thieves” Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive. Developed by Rare, the legendary creators of “Perfect Dark” and “Banjo-Kazooie,” “Sea of Thieves” is an immersive, shared-world adventure game filled with pirates, unexpected dangers and loot for the taking. Explore, fight and live the pirate life together in a unique co-op experience that combines the thrill of adventuring together with friends with the unpredictability of a shared ocean and its threats, both from other players and the world itself. Available worldwide as an Xbox Play Anywhere title in early 2018.
- “State of Decay 2” Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive. “State of Decay 2” is the ultimate zombie survival fantasy game, where you build a lasting community in an open world filled with hostile zombies, human enemies and the valuable gear necessary to keep your community alive. Play solo or invite up to three friends in multiplayer co-op to overcome challenges and survive as a group while defining your own unique story. Your choices shape the identity of your community, ensuring that no two stories are alike — and remember, once you lose a survivor, they’re gone forever thanks to the return of permadeath in “State of Decay 2.” Available worldwide as an Xbox Play Anywhere title in spring 2018.
- “Super Lucky’s Tale” Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive – world premiere. Developed by Playful Corp., “Super Lucky’s Tale” is a delightful, playground platformer for all ages that follows Lucky, the ever-optimistic, energetic and lovable hero, on his quest to find his inner strength and help his sister rescue the Book of Ages. Along the way, encounter a hilarious supporting cast of friends and adversaries. Available worldwide on Nov. 7 as an Xbox Play Anywhere title alongside the launch of Xbox One X.
- “Tacoma” Console launch exclusive and coming to Windows 10. The second game from Fullbright, creators of the critically acclaimed “Gone Home,” “Tacoma” puts you in control of Amy Ferrier, an independent contractor sent to Lunar Transfer Station Tacoma to recover sensitive data. As she explores the station, she unearths why the previous crew of six have been evacuated, gathering clues to what exactly went wrong. Like “Gone Home,” it’s a game where you pull details of the narrative from the environment, both physical and digital. “Tacoma” is a story about people and relationships, even in the isolation of outer space. Available Aug. 2 on Xbox One and Windows 10.
To catch up on all the news, highlights, exclusive reveals and a behind-the-scenes look at some of your favorite games throughout the week of E3, visit Xbox Wire at news.xbox.com and tune in to Xbox Daily: Live @ E3 on mixer.com/xbox starting at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT on Monday, June 12; 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT Tuesday through Wednesday, June 13–14; and 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT on Thursday, June 15.
1 Prices are estimated retail prices; actual retail prices may vary.
2 Xbox Live Gold membership required for online multiplayer on Xbox consoles.
3 Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service (U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand), November 2012–January 2017.