UPDATE 9/22: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16291 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring.
Hello Windows Insiders!
Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16291 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring only (not Skip Ahead). As we mentioned previously, we are now at the point of the development cycle for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update where our focus is now on stabilization for release to the world. This means that we are releasing new builds to Insiders more quickly and that these builds will include mostly bug fixes. You’ll notice that this build continues to include a bunch of good bug fixes Insiders will enjoy.
UPDATE 9/21: There is an issue where some PCs with certain language packs installed will receive a 0x80070057 or 0x8007071 error during the update process when attempting to install this build. This is due to the language packs being unavailable. The language packs should be available within the next 12 hours and PCs that have hit this issue should be able to install the build just fine.
What’s new in Build 16291
Resume from phones to PC with Cortana: Cortana users can now resume articles, news from their iPhones and Android phones to PC from within the Cortana app. This exciting feature comes in addition to the existing features where users can sync reminders, notifications and SMS across their devices and stay connected on the go!
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where sometimes after an upgrade Windows Update’s update history would be missing a listing for the feature update you’d just done.
- We fixed an issue where scrolling with touch or precision touchpads wasn’t working with the F12 Developer Tools.
- We fixed an issue where pin reset above lock (“I forgot my PIN”) would only work the first time the password was reset.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge would crash if you added a Favorite to a Favorites folder and then immediately sorted that folder by name.
- We fixed an issue with the indexer from recent flights that could result in Outlook 2016 search failing to index the body of messages.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in the Skype UWP app not being launched if it was minimized when you clicked an incoming call notification.
Update for Insiders with a Surface Pro 3
If you are a Windows Insider who has a Surface Pro 3 and hit the bug causing the device to end up in an “unbootable” state where the Windows OS will not load and it appears to be stuck on a “spinning dots” screen – click here and read this forum post on how to get your Surface Pro 3 up and running again.
Next week, our entire team is going to be at Microsoft Ignite in Orlando. Please do come by the Windows Insider booth as well as our two sessions WIP 100 and WIP 300 for some 1:1 time with us. We’re SO looking forward to meeting you!
No downtime for Hustle-As-A-Service,
Updated September 22, 2017 1:02 pm