UPDATE 10/13: Cumulative Update Build 16299.19 (KB4043961) is currently rolling out to Windows Insiders running Build 16299.15. This update only includes quality improvements and no new OS features. Key improvements include:
- Addressed issue where, after removing apps, they’re reinstalled on every restart, logoff, and login.
- Addressed issue where localization of the error output from a JET database is broken. Only English error strings are reported.
- Security updates to Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows TPM, Windows NTLM, Device Guard, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Wireless Networking, Microsoft Windows DNS, Windows Server, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows SMB Server .
UPDATE 10/11: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15254.1 for Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast and Slow rings. This build is currently the release candidate for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update for Mobile. This build includes all the same fixes from Build 15252 and also includes all the improvements from KB4041676.
UPDATE 10/10: As part of final preparations for the general availability of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update on Oct. 17th, we have begun releasing Build 16299.15 to Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring. If you are in the Release Preview ring and don’t see this build offered yet – be patient as it will be rolling out over the course of the next few days to everyone in the Release Preview ring.
UPDATE 10/4: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16299.15 to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring.
UPDATE 10/2: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16299.15 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. As we prepare to release the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to the world on October 17th, we will now start testing out servicing this build with the Cumulative Updates via Windows Update.
UPDATE 9/28: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16299 for PC to the Slow ring.
Hello Windows Insiders!
Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16299 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring only (not Skip Ahead).
As we mentioned previously, we are now at the point of the development cycle for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update where our focus is now on stabilization for release to the world. This means that we are releasing new builds to Insiders more quickly and that these builds will include mostly bug fixes. You’ll notice that this build continues to include a bunch of good bug fixes Insiders will enjoy.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue some Insiders were experiencing where after upgrading to recent flights their optical drive wouldn’t be listed under This PC.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge might crash when scrolling embedded PDFs.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing 0x80070005 when trying to upgrade to the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue where using the Automatic File Download notification to block an app from downloading files wasn’t working for UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Defender potentially downloading files selected to be online-only after using the file picker dialog and viewing their thumbnails.
It’s an incredibly exciting week for us. For the FIRST TIME EVER, the entire Windows Insider Team is at a conference to meet all of you. We are all at Ignite in Orlando this week. It’s been such an honor and a privilege to have gotten a chance to meet you all online all these years and this week it’s been simply magical to meet face-to-face. SO MANY of you have come by our booth, our round-table and our sessions to say hi and to talk to us about the program. You have given us hundreds of new ideas of things we want to do with you—and it’s only Tuesday! We’ll have a full trip report article on our website soon.
This morning, we had a really fun 300-level session where all of us got on stage and had a chance to engage in conversation with you.
Thank you for everything you do—even getting on planes to come see us. We love you.
No downtime for Hustle-As-A-Service,
Dona <3This build includes all the improvements from KB4041676
Updated October 13, 2017 1:00 pm