UPDATE 3/9: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17115 (RS4) to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. We’re also working to get the ISO for this build up by early next week.
Hello Windows Insiders!
This week we have 50 Windows Insider MVPs on campus as a part of the global MVP Summit. It’s been a pleasure to get face-to-face time with some of our biggest advocates as well as the people who help the overall Windows community the most.
Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17115 (RS4) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
A new privacy settings layout in the set up experience
This spring, we will release an update to Windows 10 that will include changes to the set up experience for privacy settings. This new design conveys focused information to help our customers make focused choices about their privacy and offers two new settings for Inking & Typing and Find my device. More details about the change can be found in this blog post here.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where If you tried to open a file that was available online-only from OneDrive that hadn’t been previously downloaded to your PC (marked with a green checkmark in File Explorer), your PC could bugcheck (GSOD).
- We fixed an issue where post-install at the first user-prompted reboot or shutdown, a small number of devices experienced a scenario wherein the OS fails to load properly and might have entered a reboot loop state.
- We fixed an issue where the Microsoft Store might be completely broken or gone altogether after upgrading.
- We fixed an issue where when you denied Movies & TV access to your videos library (through the “Let Movies & TV access your videos library?” popup window or through Windows privacy settings), Movies & TV would crash when you navigated to the “Personal” tab.
- We fixed two issues impacting the usability of Windows Mixed Reality on the previous build (Windows Mixed Reality running at a very low frame rate (8-10fps), and a potential crash at startup that could cause Windows Mixed Reality to not work).
- We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting the Direct Messages section of Twitter.com potentially not rendering in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights causing precision touchpads to periodically need a few tries to be able to move the mouse.
- We fixed an issue impacting the Italian touch keyboard layout where the period key would act as a delete key in UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue impacting the Czech touch keyboard layout where numbers on the &123 view couldn’t be inserted into UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue where you couldn’t use touch to interact with the Timeline scrollbar.
- We fixed an issue where a failed app update could result in that app becoming unpinned from the taskbar.
- We fixed an issue where the controls in the Focus Assist Settings subpages didn’t have accessible labels.
- We fixed an issue from the last few flights where after launching, minimizing, then closing UWP apps enough times, you would stop being able to launch UWP apps.
- There are currently no known issues for this flight however if any issues are discovered based off Insider feedback, we’ll add them here.
No downtime for Hustle-As-A-Service,