Acer announces the new Swift 5 Notebook, gaming desktops and more
Today, Acer announced a new notebook designed for people on-the-go, as well as several new gaming desktops and laptops powered by Windows 10 that arrive with simple, built-in Mixer streaming for low-latency, interactive moments for viewers and streamers to engage with other gamers, while Xbox Play Anywhere enables you to buy a game once and play it on both your Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.
The 15-inch Swift 5 Notebook
The new Swift 5 notebook is powered by Windows 10 and the latest Intel Core processors, while weighing less than 1kg – ideal for people on-the-go.
The Swift 5 arrives with your digital personal assistant Cortana,* comprehensive protection with secure and manageable PCs and Windows Defender, and new ways to talk and share faster with the people you talk to the most. It also supports Windows Hello through a fingerprint reader for fast and secure login and OneDrive Files On-Demand, so you can access all your files in OneDrive without having to download them and use storage space.
- A Full HD IPS touchscreen features ultra-narrow bezels measuring just 5.87 mm, giving it an incredible 87.6% screen-to-body ratio, maximizing the viewing experience.
- The Intel Wireless-AC 9560 offers 2×2 802.11ac wireless Gigabit performance that enhances streaming, sharing, conferencing, and gaming experiences.
- Up to 1TB of SSD storage and up to 16 GB of DDR4 memory, with connectivity is provided through one USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 2 port (10 Gbit/s data transfer, supporting power delivery and display output), two USB 3.1 Type-A ports (one with power-off charging functionality), an HDMI port, and an SD card reader.
- Acer Color Intelligence technology, which dynamically adjusts gamma and saturation in real-time, optimizing screen color and brightness without clipping or over saturation, while Acer BluelightShield technology allows adjusting of the screen’s blue-light emission over extended periods of use.
Predator Helios 500 Notebook
Designed for extreme gamers, the Predator Helios 500 features up to overclockable 8th Gen Intel Core i9+ processors and overclockable NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPUs. Intel Optane memory increases responsiveness and load times, while ultra-fast NVMePCIe SSDs, Killer DoubleShot Pro networking, and up to 64GB of memory, making the Helios 500 the ideal gaming notebook for graphic-intensive AAA titles and live streaming.
- Bright, vibrant 4K UHD or FHD IPS 17.3-inch displays with 144Hz refresh rates for blur- and tear-free gameplay.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology support on both the built-in display and external monitors.
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports, and display and HDMI 2.0 ports support up to three external monitors.
- Two speakers, a subwoofer, and Acer TrueHarmony and Waves MAXXAudio technology deliver incredible sound and hyper-realistic 3D audio using Waves Nx.
- Two of Acer’s proprietary AeroBlade 3D metal fans, and five heat pipes that distribute cool air to the machine’s key components while simultaneously releasing hot air.
- A backlit RGB keyboard offers four lighting zones with support for up to 16.8 million colors.
The Predator Helios 500 gaming notebooks will be available in North America in June starting at $1,999; in EMEA in May starting at €1,999; and in China in June starting at ¥15,999. Exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region. To find out about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office or retailer via acer.com.
Predator Helios 300 Special Edition
The Helios 300 Special Edition (PH315-51) features an all-white aluminum chassis accented with gold trim. It also allows for ultra-smooth gameplay with its 15.6-inch FHD IPS display with an upgraded 144Hz refresh rate. It’s powered by up to an 8th Gen Intel Core i7+ processor, overclockable NVIDIA GTX 1060 GPUs, up to a 512 GB PCIe Gen 3 NVMe solid state drive, and up to a 2 TB hard disk drive.
- Up to 16 GB of DDR4 memory; upgradable to 32GB.
- Intel Optane memory speeds up load times of games and applications, access to information and improves overall system responsiveness.
- Gigabit Ethernet provides fast wired connections, while Gigabit Wi-Fi is provided by the latest Intel Wireless-AC 9560 that delivers up to 1.73Gbps throughput when using 160Mhz channels (2×2 802.11ac, dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz).
- Two of Acer’s ultrathin (0.1mm) all-metal AeroBlade 3D fans, designed with advanced aerodynamics and superior airflow to keep the system cool.
Predator Orion 5000 Gaming Desktops
The new Predator Orion 5000 Series gaming desktops feature up to 8th Gen Intel Core i7+ 8700K processors paired with the latest Intel Z370 chipset, up to 32 GB of Intel Optane memory for fast load times and improved responsiveness, and up to 2-way NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPUs in SLI.
These desktops also feature easy-open side panels – so you can quickly swap out components and cables during upgrades – IceTunnel 2.0 airflow management design, a front mesh panel with dust filters, Killer LAN high-speed Ethernet, cradles for audio headsets and a carry-handle for portability.
The Predator Orion 5000 gaming desktops will be available in North America in July starting at $1,499; in EMEA in June starting at €1,699; and in China in June starting at ¥15,999. Exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region. To find out about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office or retailer via acer.com.
Predator Orion 3000 Series
With up to 8th Gen Intel Core i7+ processors, and up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPUs, the VR- ready Predator Orion 3000 supports 4K gameplay. Like the 5000 series, the Predator Orion 3000 can be configured with up to 32 GB of Intel Optane memory to increase responsiveness and load times, and up to 64 GB DDR4-2666 RAM to support lightning fast action while playing the latest titles. Excellent heat dissipation is achieved with a front-facing intake LED fan, mesh cover and rear exhaust for optimized air flow throughout the chassis.
Pricing and availability: The Predator Orion 3000 gaming desktops will be available in North America in October starting at $999; in EMEA in July starting at €1,299; and in China in July starting at ¥6,999. Exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region. To find out about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office or retailer via acer.com.
Acer Nitro 50 Desktops
These performance PCs are powered by up to 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processors and equipped with up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPUs to deliver superior performance for graphic-intensive tasks including gaming. They deliver stunning 4K resolution visuals and can support up to four displays simultaneously for immersive gameplay. And with up to a 3TB HDD and a 512GB SSD, there’s no shortage of storage. They sport a handy wireless charging deck for keeping users’ Qi-enabled wireless devices powered up and ready to go. Lastly, the Nitro 50 desktops optimize network speed for gaming, browsing, and streaming through Realtek Dragon LAN.
Pricing and availability: The Acer Nitro 50 gaming desktops will be available in North America in July starting at $799; in EMEA in May starting at €999; and in China in July starting at ¥5,999.
Exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region. To find out about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office or retailer via acer.com.
To learn more about everything Acer announced today, head over here!