UPDATE 9/18: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17758.4 (Cumulative Update KB4462120) to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. This includes all the fixes from Build 17760 and is designed to help us test our servicing pipeline. We have also released the ISOs for Build 17758 which can be downloaded here.
UPDATE 9/14: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17758 (RS5) to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring.
Hello Windows Insiders!
Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17758 (RS5) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
What’s new in Storage Sense
Starting with Windows 10, Storage Sense has embarked on a path to keep your storage optimized. We’re making continuous improvements in every feature update. From Build 17720 and later, we’re adding a new capability and making a few changes to Storage Sense’s behavior. Storage Sense now has the capability to automatically free up disk space by making older, unused, locally available files be available online-only. Learn more in the Storage Sense blog post here.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean this is the final build as we are not done yet. We’re just now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the back button in Settings and other apps becoming white text on a white background if you hovered over it.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Narrator not reading selected word choices when typing using an IME (for example, in Japanese).
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain apps crashing when you tried to save a file from the app.
- We fixed an issue resulting in explorer.exe crashing recently when clicking on the “Import photos and videos” option from an autoplay notification.
- We fixed an issue resulting in nearby sharing not working for local accounts where the account name contained certain Chinese, Japanese, or Korean characters.
- [UPDATED] We fixed several bugs causing text clipping issues when you use “Make text bigger” setting in Ease of Access.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
- [ADDED 9/12] Apps that use .NET 4.7.1 will not work correctly on this build. This issue is fixed in the next flight. As a workaround until then, you can change your app config to list 4.7.2 instead of 4.7.1 to correct the issue. Or you can change/add these registry keys:
Both X86/X64: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319\SKUs\.NETFramework,Version=v4.7.1] X64 only:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319\SKUs\.NETFramework,Version=v4.7.1]
Can modern IT help support police officers and community safety? Check out how Eric Wood, IT Pro and Windows Insider, is on a mission to do just that.
And what do ten 200-ft high grain elevators have in common with Windows 10? They’re all helping a rural business tap into the power of productivity tools – thanks to the winner of our latest Insiders in Action Contest! Check out how.
No downtime for Hustle-As-A-Service,
Updated September 18, 2018 10:56 am