Hello Windows Insiders!
Today we are releasing 19H2 Build 18362.10014 and Build 18362.10015 to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. As a reminder, we are testing the ability to ship these updates with features turned off by default so that we can then turn them on via controlled feature rollouts. This helps us gain better feedback on overall build quality. A subset of Insiders in the Slow ring will have features turned off by default, and another subset will have them turned on by default. This means not everyone in the Slow ring will see new features right away:
- IF you are on 19H2 Build 18362.10012 – you will receive Build 18362.10014 with features turned OFF by default. This includes the below mentioned features as well as the features from the previous release.
- IF you are on 19H2 Build 18362.10013 – you will receive Build 18362.10015 with features turned ON by default.
If you’re on the Windows 10 May 2019 Update and just joining your PC into the Slow ring to take 19H2 updates, it’ll be a virtual “coin toss” as to whether your PC gets features turned on or turned off.
Other than one update has features turned off, and the other has features turned on – the two updates released today and highlighted above are identical and contain the following features in addition to the what was included in the last 19H2 update:
- We have enabled Windows Defender Credential Guard for ARM64 devices for additional protection against credential theft for enterprises deploying ARM64 devices in their organizations.
- We have enabled the ability for enterprises to supplement the Windows 10 in S Mode policy to allow traditional Win32 (desktop) apps from Microsoft Intune.
We’re updating the search box in File Explorer to now be powered by Windows Search. This change will help integrate your OneDrive content online with the traditional indexed results. More details here. [UPDATED for clarity.]
- We have added the ability for Narrator and other assistive technologies to read and learn where the FN key is located on keyboards and what state it is in (locked versus unlocked).
As always, Insiders are encouraged to report any issues they experience with these updates through Feedback Hub.
Dona and Brandon