IFA 2019: Dell adds new 10th Generation Intel Core processors to XPS 13 and Inspiron systems, makes XPS 13 2-in-1 available
Just before the IFA tradeshow in Berlin, Dell announces the expansion of its consumer portfolio with brand new form factors and the addition of new 10th Generation Intel Core processors, delivering performance gains needed for compute-intensive, demanding, multi-thread workloads – while still efficiently handling 4K content.
Bingeing series or always working on the go? Turn to the XPS 13, which will now include Intel 10th Generation Core U series processors, with up to i7 hexacore chips (available in October). With the new Killer AX1650 (2×2) built on Intel Wi-Fi 6 Chipset, wireless connectivity is three times as fast as the previous generation. Along with Dell CinemaColor and Dolby Vision and an optional 4K Ultra HD InfinityEdge display, the XPS 13 will remain eye candy for those glued to their screen.
And you can now buy the XPS 13 2-in-1, a COMPUTEX d&i award winner. The 2-in-1 is also the first laptop available with Intel’s new 10th Generation Core, with its 10-nanometer silicon processors.
The new Inspiron 14 7000 ultralight laptops will also have the latest 10th Generation Intel Core processors. With the new lid-open sensor, Connected Modern Standby and fingerprint reader built into the power button, the system signs on securely and starts in a flash. The laptop, made of magnesium alloy, has four-sided narrow borders with 100% sRGB color coverage, perfect for mobile multitasking.
Other Inspiron systems have been upgraded or are now available (and, depending on the model, these Inspiron systems run on either Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 in S Mode):
- Inspiron 14, 15, 17 3000; Inspiron 13 5000; Inspiron 14, 15 5000; and Inspiron 14, 15 5000 2-in-1 have been updated with the latest 10th Generation Intel Core processors.
- Inspiron 13 7000 (available only in China, Japan and Brazil), an ultralight laptop with a starting weight of less than 1 kg*. Made from magnesium alloy and featuring a lid-open sensor, this device offers mobility and productivity.
- Inspiron 13, 15, 17 7000 2-in-1 first announced at CES 2019 and a Computex Design Innovation Award winner, is now available globally (North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Greater China and Asia Pacific Japan), with the addition of USB Type-C with Thunderbolt 3 support and in an optional silver chassis.
- Inspiron 14, 15 5000 (available only in non-North America regions): packed with features, is built for reliability and multitasking. You can find them in the following colors (based on regional availability): Platinum Silver, Iced Lilac, Iced Mint and Iced Gold (14-inch only).
- Inspiron 24 5000 and 27 7000 All-in-One (AIOs) desktops, first announced at Computex 2019, will be available Aug. 23. They fit in your living room or dorm room as a simple and attractive entertainment system or TV replacement.
Find out more about these and other Dell announcements at IFA 2019.
* Weights vary depending on configuration and manufacturing variability.