Updated November 7, 2014 11:31 pm - The last mile of finishing an app can be the most trying for developers. This week on May 16-17, Microsoft and community experts are teaming up to produce a global event taking place in 60 cities across 38 countries, called //Publish/, designed to provide support to you, our developers around the world. The event will provide coaching and 1:1 consulting – all in an effort to help get your apps over the finish line, and published in the Windows Store.
Hackathons help developers connect and learn from peers and experts. //Publish/ is similar to a hackathon, but better. There are lots of cool prizes, of course. But, the difference is that you can bring your in-progress apps and games to get assistance from top Microsoft and community experts to improve, polish and make it as strong as possible. Then, get it published on the Windows Store or Windows Phone Store before you leave the event.
At //Publish/ we will focus on the things that make apps great, including :
- Quality factors such as design, performance, and testing
- Building outstanding interfaces for multiple screen resolutions
- Extending the reach of your app through localization and globalization, and adding new device types with universal projects
- Adding extra features that make your app or game really shine, like Live Tiles, Push Notifications, Background Tasks, etc.
- Maximizing the impact of your app through great monetization practices
Projects and best practices from around the world will be on display at //Publish/ events for real-time learning and engagement. We’ve also created an abundance of online content in the last couple weeks that can help you prepare ahead of your local event. Here are a few places to start, content all recently delivered at Build 2014:
- Practical Design for Windows Developers
- Diagnosing Issues in Windows Phone XAML Apps using Visual Studio
- From 4 to 40 inches: Developing Windows Apps across Multiple Form Factors
- Apps without Borders – Winning Globally with the Windows Platform
- Using Visual Studio to Build XAML Converged Apps
- Live Tiles Enhancements
- Maximizing Revenue for Phone, Tablet and PC Apps in the Windows Store
Register now for the //Publish/ event nearest you by visiting www.publishwindows.com. It’s all about helping you publish the best possible app. We look forward to seeing you!