This time last week, we asked you to take part in a poll where we asked you what do YOU do with your phone? We had an overwhelming response and it’s now time to look at the results.
There were two parts to the survey; one where you needed to tick as many boxes as necessary to let us know what you used in the last month, and the other part would let us know how often you perform those tasks.
When looking at the data from the results, there’s really not much in it between all of the options. When it comes to using your phones, you really know how to make the most of your Nokia Lumia.
The top ten activities that you – our Nokia Lumia user readers – did with your phone in the last month is as follows:
- Browsing websites
- Downloading apps from the Marketplace
- WiFi to connect to the Internet
- Access email
- Use camera for still pictures
- Use social networks
- Music/MP3 player
- 3G to connect to the Internet
If we compare the results from the Niesen survey, there are some minor differences. But that doesn’t surprise us in the least. The results from that survey came from new Nokia Lumia users immediately after purchasing their phone. You, however, have more than likely been using your Lumias for longer and have gone past that experiment phase. It’s now time for full-on every day usage for you. You like to use a little bit of everything your Lumia has to offer.
Here are the full results:
This is where we look at how often you use those features. Let’s stick to the top ten listed above to see how much usage they get.
- Browsing websites (77.73% everyday)
- Downloading apps from the Marketplace (40.08% several times a week)
- WiFi to connect to the Internet (79.68% every day)
- Access email (85.88% every day)
- Use camera for still pictures (46.64% several times a week)
- Use social networks (62.46% every day)
- GPS (30.6% several times a week)
- Music/MP3 player (44.02% every day)
- Organiser/calendar (44.86% every day)
- 3G to connect to the Internet (63.19% every day)
Other interesting results show that 20 per cent of the people who participated use 4G LTE to connect to the Internet every day, almost a quarter of people transfer files to their Nokia Lumia about once a week, and almost 30 per cent of people play the pre-loaded games less than once a month.
Here are the full results for this section. Make sure to click the image for a closer look.
Thanks to all of those who took part.
Do you find the results interesting? Are they what you expected? Let us know in the comments, below.
2,869 people participated in this poll placing over 50,000 votes. Poll took place between 18 July, 2012 and on 25 July, 2012.