How to keep your Lumia clean and shiny
When was the last time you cleaned your Lumia? If you can’t remember, chances are you haven’t disinfected it in a long time!
We take our smartphones with us everywhere–the kitchen, the gym, even public restrooms– turning them into germ magnets. Not surprisingly, a number of studies prove the presence of dangerous bacteria found on our devices.
So take a close look at your Lumia. Do you see fingerprints, oily smudges and dust on its screen? Here’s how to clean your Lumia such as the Lumia 640 XL and safeguard against germs.
Before you wash your smartphone with soap or water, stop! Cleaning your Lumia should be done with care.
First, keep your hands clean and wash them frequently before you use your smartphone. Next, use these dos and don’ts to wipe your Lumia without damaging it.
- Switch off your Lumia and remove the battery.
- If you use a cover, remove it.
- Wipe off visible dust on the screen by gently wiping it with a microfiber cloth in a circular motion.
- Dampen the cloth with a small amount of cleaning agent or distilled water and gently rub the screen. Be sure to flip the phone over and clean the rear surface
- Let your phone dry thoroughly before it’s ready for use.
- Don’t use common cleaning agents found at home. Many touchscreens now have an oleophobic coating (to repel fingerprints) and can be easily damaged with harsh cleaners.
- Don’t apply water directly onto the screen.
- Don’t let moisture into your phone’s charging ports, speaker or mic. If you wish to clean the insides of your phone, use a dry Q-tip only.
- Don’t put too much pressure on the screen when cleaning it.