We’re extremely excited to announce the Windows Template Studio 1.6!
In this release, we added in app scheme launch, finalized our work for localization, massive improvements in accessibility, and started our work for Visual Basic support.
Full list of adjustments in the 1.6 release, head over to WTS’s Github.
- Image Gallery
- Drag and drop source
- Web to App Link
- Minor tweaks for Fluent
- Discovered a few pages that set background color
Improvements to the Wizard:
- Lots of under the hood bug fixes and code improvements
- Much more Visual Basic engine work
- Work for supporting multiple projects in a single solution
- Work to support Prism
How to get the update:
There are two paths to update to the newest build.
- Already installed: Visual Studio should auto update the extension. To force an update, Go to Tools->Extensions and Updates. Then go to Update expander on the left and you should see Windows Template Studio in there and click “Update.”
- Not installed: Head to https://aka.ms/wtsinstall, click “download” and double click the VSIX installer.
We are tracking an issue (#1532) when uninstalling / upgrading where you may get an error of “A value for ‘Component’ needs to be specified in the catalog.”
If you get this error, we need logs to help track this with the help of the Visual Studio team. We don’t know how to reproduce it, but we know a few people have hit this scenario.
We have how to capture these logs in the tracking issue on GitHub.
What else is cooking for next versions?
We love all the community support and participation. In addition, here are just a few of the things we are currently building out that will in future builds:
- Visual Basic support (In nightly)
- Prism support (In nightly)
- Improved update system to help increase speed of startup and file size download
- Improved user interface in-line with Visual Studio
- Continued refinement with Fluent design in the templates
- Ink templates
- Improved Right-click->add support for existing projects
With partnership with the community, we’ve will continue cranking out and iterating new features and functionality. We’re always looking for additional people to help out and if you’re interested, please head to our GitHub at https://aka.ms/wts. If you have an idea or feature request, please make the request!