The Developer Economics Q2 2019 survey is here in its 17th edition to shed light on the future of the software industry. Every year more than 40,000 developers around the world participate in this survey, so this is a chance to be part of something big, voice your thoughts, and make your own contribution to the developer community.
Is this survey for me?
The survey is for all developers, whether you’re a professional, a hobbyist, or a student; building front-end, back-end, or full stack; working on desktop, web, gaming, cloud, mobile, IoT, AR/VR, machine learning, or data science.
What questions am I likely to be asked?
The survey asks questions about the status and the future of the software industry.
- What’s going up and what’s going down in the software industry?
- Which are your favorite tools and platforms?
- Which programs are doing the best job supporting developers like you?
What’s in it for me?
There are some perks to go with your participation. Have a look at what you can get our hands on:
- A chance to win awesome prizes like a Microsoft Surface Pro 6.
- A free State of the Developer Nation report with the key findings (available September 2019).
What’s in it for Microsoft?
This is an independent survey from SlashData, an analyst firm in the developer economy that tracks global software developer trends. We’re interested in seeing the report that comes from this survey, and we want to ensure the broadest developer audience participates.
Ready to go?
The survey is open until July 28, 2019.
The survey is available in English, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Russian, Japanese, or Korean.