The Windows Mobile Device Center Team just forwarded this to me:
The Windows Mobile Device Center Team is excited to announce the release of Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1. This release contains key improvements and new features to support Windows Mobile 6 devices.
Key updates in Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 include:
- Windows Mobile 6 feature support
- Information Rights Management activation – Automatically configure the Windows Mobile 6 device to open IRM-protected documents and files
- HTML mail – Set up your Windows Mobile 6 device to sync HTML-formatted mail
- Certificate Enrollment – Acquire certificates through the PC the Windows Mobile 6 device is currently connected to
- Allow data connections on the Windows Mobile 6 device when connected to the PC
- File synchronization for smartphones – Synchronize files with your Windows Mobile 6 devices, including both touch screen and non-touch screen devices
- Automatic device authentication – Connect the Windows Mobile device to the PC without the need to enter the device-lock PIN every time upon connect
- Product Registration – Register your Windows Mobile device and get connected to information and offers available for your device
Install Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx.
Please post questions or comments to http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx under the newsgroup microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync.