Today you might take notice to a few cool changes in Windows Live SkyDrive. The Windows Live SkyDrive Team has released an update bringing the following new features for our enjoyment:
- Users can now leave comments on files.
- New Recent Comments page for comments left recently on files shared in Windows Live SkyDrive.
- Users now have the ability to leave descriptions on files (captions for photos).
- Ability to manage favorite websites in Windows Live SkyDrive.
- New navigation control (called the “browsing widget”) to navigate between files in a folder.
- Ability to change folder views from “icon view” to “detailed view”. For photos you have the added “photo thumbnails” view.
You can read about today’s release on the Windows Live SkyDrive Team Blog as well!
I went ahead and shot a demo video of today’s new features in Windows Live SkyDrive showing off the capabilities these new features bring to users. Check it out below.
Windows Live SkyDrive will also become available in 24 new countries today: Bulgaria, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Thailand, Ukraine, Venezuela, Serbia, Indonesia and Malaysia.