The Origami Experience 2.0 has been released for download on the Microsoft Download Center today!
Download: Origami Experience 2.0
The Origami Experience 2.0 is designed for Ultra-Mobile PCs that run Windows Vista. To run the Origami Experience 2.0, a UMPC with the following specifications is recommended:
- Minimum 100 MB of available hard disk space
- Minimum 1 GB of system memory
- Touch panel display (required for Origami Picture Password)
The Origami Experience 2.0 requires the following software installed:
- Windows Internet Explorer 7. Origami Experience 2.0 requires Internet Explorer 7 for its RSS platform.
- Windows Media Player 11. Origami Central requires Windows Media Player 11 in order to manage and play media.
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. The calendar tile in Origami Now works only with Office Outlook 2007 Calendar. The mail tile in Origami Now works with Office Outlook 2007 Mail and Windows Mail.
- The Windows update available here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932406 . This update is highly recommended if you use the mail tile in Origami Now with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
I’ve been taking a closer look at the Origami Experience 2.0 software here on the Windows Experience Blog with a 4-part series of in-depth posts. You can check out Part 1 of the series here where I dive into the enhanced web browsing capabilities of Origami Experience 2.0 including new touch abilities for UMPCs that have Touch Panel Displays. And here in Part 2 I take a look at the new built in RSS feed-reading features. Coming soon – Part 3 will look at the Media features and Part 4 will take a look at Origami Now.