I caught this via Nic over at Channel 10 today – a new version of Microsoft Pro Photo Tools has been released: Microsoft Pro Photo Tools 2.
Download: Microsoft Pro Photo Tools 2
The first thing I want to mention in regards to what’s new with Microsoft Pro Photo Tools 2 is something I think many readers here will find as very good news: Microsoft Pro Photo Tools 2 now has support for 64-bit Windows Vista.
Here’s what else is new with Microsoft Pro Photo Tools 2:
- Support for reading & writing XMP side car metadata enabling interoperability with Adobe products.
- Viewing actual RAW images, in addition to thumbnails
- Conversion of RAW files to JPEG, TIFF, and HD Photo using “As Shot” camera settings.
- The ability to resize RAW images.
- Support for geotagging international locales
- Improved functionality for geotagging images.
And the features from the previous version of Microsoft Pro Photo Tools is there there too including the use of Virtual Earth 3D for 3D renderings of a image’s location.
For more details, check out the team’s post on the Microsoft Professional Photography Blog.