This week people around the world celebrate Data Privacy Day. Data Privacy Day, for those who don’t know, is an annual international celebration designed to promote awareness about privacy and education about best privacy practices for staying safe online. At Microsoft, we dedicate a whole week to discussing, understanding and sharing information about online safety. As such, we are going to focus on it during this week’s Tech Tuesday #win7tech chat from 12-1pm PT.
We are lucky to be joined by:
- Internet Explorer (@IE): The official Twitter page for the Windows Internet Explorer team who will discuss tools in IE that can keep you safe and protected.
- Monica Villa (@theonlinemom), Founder and Chief Technology Mom at The Online Mom, Monica’s career spans two decades of 3-dimensional consumer marketing that has allowed hundreds of clients to create strong brand connections with key demographics. For the last 15 years she has focused on consumer technology and is passionate about creating tech savvy communities – empowering families to make good decisions about their use of technology.
To prepare for the chat:
- View an image depicting how people use and think about location based services and privacy.
- What you need to know about using location based services safely – XPS | PDF
- Practical guidance for protecting your information “on the go” – XPS | PDF
To participate in the Tech Tuesday Live Twitter Chat:
- Join us from 12-1 PT (3-4 ET) on Twitter
- Follow the hashtag #win7tech
- Follow @windows, @ie, @kristinalibby, @brandonleblanc, @benthepcguy, @theonlinemom, @daniellaycock, and @windowsblog to make sure you get the whole picture.
Note we will only be talking about the outlined topic each week and we will not be answering questions outside those topics. Questions for this week may include: Does IE keep me safe? What’s a TPL? What sort of software do I need to keep me and my family safe?