This past weekend, we had spring weather in Seattle. It was 70, the sun was shining and I played tennis every day. I also thought about the dreaded task of spring cleaning. For those of us with small little condos, spring cleaning isn’t that big of a deal but I still think of it with a mix of emotions. On the one hand, I love getting rid of all the things I haven’t used/will never use/wonder why I ever bought and on the other, I’m sentimental of things I haven’t used/will never use/wonder why I ever bought like my grandma’s equestrian dress or the pot holders I bought because they reminded me of a Lilly Allen song. In an effort to make sure you have cleaned up tech this spring, we are devoting our Tech Tuesday Live Twitter Chat to spring cleaning tips and we may even have a celebrity appearance by a certain frequent Oprah quest who knows a lot about a clean home.
Tips on cleaning:
- Technology can get you out of trouble almost as quickly as it gets you into it. So as easy as it is for us accumulate digital clutter, that same technology can get it under control. Windows Live Photo Gallery can help you manage your photos while Hotmail has tools that will automatically sort and file mail you want to keep while filtering out junk mail and spam.
- And Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9 also have a nifty organizing tool that lets you pin your favorite website or apps to the Windows Taskbar, putting everything just one click away and making you much more efficient.
- If you’ve got an old PC sitting around the house, consider recycling or refurbishing it. Find out about Microsoft Authorized Refurbishers here http://bit.ly/J5Vq70 plus get loads of other content on recycling.
To participate in the Tech Tuesday Live Twitter Chat:
- Join us from 12-1 PT (3-4 ET) on Twitter
- Follow the hashtag #winchat
- Follow @windows, @kristinalibby, @brandonleblanc, @daniellaycock, and @windowsblog to make sure you get the whole picture.
Also, don’t forget to participate in our Mother’s Day Pinterest contest for a chance to win an Acer Aspire S3!
Note we will only be talking about the outlined topic each week and we will not be answering questions outside those topics. Questions for this week may include: How do I get clean for spring? What do I do with all of these cables?