The onset of February, plus the arrival of a special Valentine’s Day-themed Lumia, may turn one’s thoughts to love. Thus, this month, we’re asking you to submit a photograph that somehow captures the emotion of love. Here’s an example of such a photograph:
This photo was taken by Lisa Stratton, who puts together our awesome Windows Phone Insider newsletter. It was taken using an HTC Titan II and edited using Creative Studio and Thumba Photo Editor. Here’s what Lisa had to say about this photo:
As they both get older, my daughter thinks of our cat as less of a toy and more of a friend. Instead of running away, Domino now returns her love with cuddles and catnaps.
You can look for the winning shots to appear on the Windows Phone Blog, the Windows Phone newsletter, as well as across our Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest channels. We will, of course, provide credit and even link to your website or blog if possible. Feel free to take a look at our previous winners: Pets, Favorite Places, and Happy Holidays!
When you send in your photos to [email protected], please let us know which phone you took it with, which photo apps you used, and 2-3 sentences describing the photo, the circumstances under which it was taken, and why you think it represents love. A lot of entries last time didn’t include this latter part, which is a shame because these stories are often the best part of the challenge! Here is how to enter:
- To enter, please e-mail your entry to [email protected].
- In the subject line of your e-mail, please write “CHALLENGE: LOVE”.
- The photo you send must have been taken with (and edited, if you prefer to edit) on a Windows Phone. Please attach the original JPEG file to your e-mail, with metadata included. If the photo has been edited, please let us know which apps/settings you used.
- Please name your image file using your first and last name, followed by the theme of the contest (this month it’s “Love”). So, for instance, my e-mail would include a photograph named DavidChenLove.JPG or DavidChenLove.JPG.
- Please use the highest resolution possible when sending your photos.
- One entry per person, please.
- This challenge runs from now until 11:59 p.m. PDT on Friday, February 8th, 2013.
- After the contest deadline, we will look over all of your entries and choose our favorites. Entries will be judged on their creativity, resourcefulness, aesthetic beauty, and just the overall impression your photo makes on us.
- Winning entries may be posted on the blog, in our newsletter, as well as shared on our Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest pages about two weeks after the contest has ended.
- Read the full rules here.