Introducing the Box for Windows 10 app!
Today I’m excited to announce the availability of Box for Windows 10! My name is Duncan Fisher and I work on the mobile applications product management team at Box and have been working on delivering the Box for Windows 10 experience. Windows 10 represents a huge opportunity for Box to deliver a seamless content collaboration experience to our joint customers from their desktop and mobile devices. With the new app, users can seamlessly access, manage and collaborate on their Box content across all their Windows 10 PCs and tablets.
With 50,000 paying businesses, including 52% of the Fortune 500 and more than 40 million users, it’s critical for Box to ensure that customers can work on their content across a wide variety of devices and platforms. So many of our customers use Windows devices everyday and we want to ensure they have a quality, seamless content experience. That’s why we built Box for Windows 8 and are excited to deliver a new experience to our joint Box and Windows 10 customers across the globe.
With over 110 million devices already running Windows 10, we were thrilled to partner with the Windows team and build a great app for our joint customers. Plus, building the app on the Windows 10 platform was easy, with Microsoft making it possible for developers to only build one app for Windows 10 versus individual apps for each platform. This approach enables developers to build scalable apps across a variety of devices.
The Box for Windows 10 app provides all the benefits of securing content with Box and leverages the great new functionality in Windows 10. With this app you can:
- Manage content across devices: Users have a seamless content experience across all of their Windows PCs, tablets and phones
- Share files with anyone: Simply send shared links for a specific file or folder from the app without having to deal with large attachments
- Preview Office content easily: Preview a variety of different file types including Office files, PDFs, images and more in the app without every having to download the content to your device
- Create and collaborate on Office files: The app integrates with the Windows file picker so users can create and edit Office files such as Word, PowerPoint, or Excel and have those changes saved directly back to Box
- Receive updates in real-time: You can work on Office files right from the app and get updates on changes with the newly enhanced Windows notification center
- Multitask and use Box whenever you need it: Work on Box and other apps side by side with the Windows 10 multitasking feature – resize Box to make it as big or small as you need
- Quickly find your favorites: Pin certain Box files and favorites right to your Start screen using Windows 10 Live Tiles so you can quickly access them whenever you need to
The Box for Windows 10 app is available in the Windows store today for PCs and tablets and will be available for phones running Windows 10 soon.