HP’s new Pro x2 with Windows 10 and Elite x3 accessories offer versatility and security for productivity in the mobile workforce
Today at Mobile World Congress 2017, HP Inc. unveiled a new 2-in-1 device powered by Windows 10, along with a range of accessories for the company’s x2 and x3 portfolio. Let’s take a closer look at what they announced.
The HP Pro x2 512 G2 with Windows 10
The new Pro x2 612 G2 is designed to inspire the way mobile professionals across a range of industries work – merging individuality and productivity with industrial design in a sleek and secure device.
The Pro x2 is a versatile 2-in-1 detachable with a touchscreen perfect for drawing with Windows Ink or marking up webpages in Microsoft Edge. It’s built with multiple modes for commercial workflows including presentation mode, inking mode and notebook mode for productivity. The HP Pro x2 Collaboration Keyboard snaps easily into place on the device with magnetic connections, turning the Pro x2 into a notebook with backlit hot keys for conference calls. Tablet Mode in Windows 10 will allow your apps to scale smoothly and onscreen features to adapt for easy navigation. The Pro x2 also has a removable back cover and removable SSD, allowing customers to keep secure data on premises and make basic repairs and upgrades to their device on-site.
Other features include:
- The Pro x2 can also be configured with a choice of the latest 7th generation Intel processors, providing reliable performance to meet a variety of mobile end user’s needs.
- For drawing and taking notes, the HP Active Wacom Pen with App Launch combined with the extended 165-degree kickstand make it easy to use Windows Ink to draw, annotate, and create presentations or documents.
- With both USB-C and USB-A connections, you can quickly charge your device, connect to external monitors or transfer data quickly.
- The Pro x2 offers up to 11 hours of battery life and can be charged up to 50 percent in 30 minutes.
- Built-in smart card reader and anoptional fingerprint reader that allows you to login quickly and securely with Windows Hello.
- Superior in-field serviceability enabling end users to do minor repairs on the SSD, kickstand and A/C adapter, and IT on WLAN/WWAN, storage, system board, battery or the LCD/touch module, the chassis and some other components.
Pricing and Availability: The HP Pro x2 612 G2 is available now at http://www.hp.com/go/prox2, starting at $979.
New accessories for the x2 and Elite x3 portfolio
HP’s x2 and x3 devices are designed with versatility in mind. Today, HP announced a new range of accessories for those devices, built to address a variety of commercial workflows.
HP Pro x2 612 G2 Rugged Case: Ideal for customers in extreme work environments, this case features a 360-degree rotating hand strap, shoulder strap, stylus holder, optional port plugs and is compatible with the Pro x2’s keyboard. Pricing and Availability: The HP Pro x2 612 G2 Rugged Case is available now, starting at $49.
HP Elite USB-C Dock: Turning your device into a virtual desktop, this new dock is enterprise IT ready, and is compatible with devices like the Pro x2 that have a multi-function Type-C USB port or devices with a Thunderbolt port. Pricing and Availability: The HP Elite USB-C Dock is expected to be available in March, starting at $129.
HP USB-C Travel Hub: Ideal for mobile professionals who need access to additional peripheral ports while on-the-go, this solution delivers pass-through connectivity for displays and USB devices and charging for the Pro x2 or Elite x3 while the device is being used – with one USB-C cable. Pricing and Availability: The HP USB-C Travel Hub is available now, starting at $49.
HP Elite x3 Mobile Scanning Solution: Designed to mobilize vertical workflows for retail, healthcare and field workers, the integrated barcode scanner can be used to check prices, access inventory and CRM information on-the-go and then seamlessly transition to the back-office with the ability to dock and connect to a large display, mouse, and keyboard for a full PC experience. Pricing and Availability: The HP Elite x3 Mobile Scanning Solution is available now, starting at $999 (this price includes the HP Elite x3).
It’s great to see partners including HP creating new devices broadening the Windows ecosystem to offer customers more choice and versatility.
For more information on these products, along with datasheets and images, visit the 2017 MWC online press kit. For more information about HP’s Mobility solutions, visit hp.com/go/mobility.
Updated February 27, 2017 3:55 pm