Today at Mobile World Congress, Panasonic announced a 3:2 aspect ratio, fully rugged 2-in-1 detachable laptop with Windows 10 as its latest addition to the Toughbook family of products.
This larger 12” display design with 3:2 aspect ratio brings unrivalled flexibility and performance for the mobile worker. This device comes with a choice of two models: as a 2-in-1 detachable laptop (tablet with keyboard dock) or as a tablet only. Powered by Windows 10, this device comes with Tablet Mode: a touch-first experience that allows apps to scale smoothly, and onscreen features to adapt for easy navigation. With six different operating modes, the Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 provides the best features of a laptop and tablet for business applications. It weighs just 2.761kg in laptop mode – with the detachable tablet weighing 1.527kg.
With Windows 10, Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 comes with your digital personal assistant, Cortana*, who can help you find things, complete tasks, set reminders and work more productively. It also has comprehensive protection – including anti-virus, firewall, Windows Defender and anti-phishing technologies – all delivered built-in at no extra cost to you.
Designed for outdoor use in bright sunlight or heavy rain, the Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 has a 12″ 10-finger capacitive Dual touch QHD screen (2160 x 1440 pixels). Suitable for workers who need to operate touchscreens with gloves, the device uses the latest display technology providing a new level of viewing quality for tablet users working outside with its 1200cd/m² brightness. The device also includes a IP55 digitizer pen designed to work with Windows Ink for workers who need the highest levels of writing, drawing and signature accuracy in the toughest of weather conditions.
Other features include:
- Powered by Windows 10 and up to a 7th generation Intel Core processor
- A 2MP webcam with stereo microphones and 8MP documentation rear camera that allows you to login quickly and easily with Windows Hello
- A 4G LTE option, and the option for the latest U-Blox NEO-M8 GPS for precise navigation
- USB 3.0, HDMI, LAN, micro SD-XC and headset ports
- Twin hot swappable batteries provide you with the ability to extend the battery life and the choice to change the battery while in use
- The sleek Desktop Port Replicator allows the Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 2-in-1 detachable laptop to be used as a high-performance desktop device. The four-bay battery charger is ideal for large organizations where the ability to charge multiple batteries can reduce work downtime
US pricing and availability: The Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 will be available in May 2017 from authorized Panasonic resellers starting around $4,099 for tablet with keyboard and $3,499 for the tablet-only. Specifications of the US model will be released this May. In the meantime, for additional information, please visit us.panasonic.com/toughbook/33.
Europe pricing and availability: The Panasonic Toughbook CF-33 comes with a standard 3-year warranty and will be available in 2nd Quarter of 2017. The Toughbook CF-33 2-in-1 detachable laptop model will be priced at € 3552 / £ 2627 + vat, and the Toughbook CF-33 Tablet only model will be priced at € 2992 / £ 2213 + vat.
It’s great to see Panasonic’s latest addition to the Toughbook family with their new 2-in-1 laptop powered by Windows 10 that’s built with mobile professionals in mind. This is a device that certainly offers flexibility and performance in one.
*Cortana available in select markets.
Updated February 27, 2017 12:12 am