At its global press event in New York yesterday, Acer revealed its all-new notebooks, 2-in-1s and all-in-one desktop PCs powered by Windows 10.
These light up some of the best of Windows 10 – the touchscreens allow you to do everything from drawing on and highlighting webpages in Microsoft Edge, to drawing on your memories in the Photos app or adding notes to your map route with Windows Ink.
With Windows 10, these PCs also have Cortana* – your digital personal assistant who can help you find things, complete tasks, set reminders, and more – as well as comprehensive protection including anti-virus, firewall, Windows Defender and anti-phishing technologies – all delivered built-in at no extra cost to you. Some also include facial recognition or built-in fingerprint readers to allow you to login quickly and securely with Windows Hello.
Let’s take a look at these devices announced this week:
Acer’s all-new Aspire notebooks provide powerhouse computing for everyday needs
Acer revealed the all-new Aspire notebook line featuring Windows 10. The range of everyday notebooks cater to a wide range of consumer needs, spanning from the family-and-student friendly Aspire 1 and Aspire 3, the practical and mainstream Aspire 5, all the way to the top-of-the-line Aspire 7.
Aspire 1 – Essentials for the Cloud Era
The Aspire 1 has been crafted to hit the sweet spot for users looking for a notebook for family sharing and web browsing or as a second device.
- 1-year subscription of Office 365 Personal, and 1 TB of OneDrive storage.
- 11ac wireless technology, one USB 3.0 port, two USB 2.0 ports, a HDMI port and Ethernet
- Powered by Intel Celeron or Pentium processors with 32 or 64 GB eMMC storage, 4 GB DDR3L memory and Intel HD Graphics supported by up to 9 hours of battery life
- Measures less than 18 mm in height and weighs in at just 1.65 kg.
Pricing and Availability: The Acer Aspire 1 series will be available in North America in June starting at $219; and in EMEA in June starting at €249.
Aspire 3 – Everyday Computing
Following the same design and creative inspirations of the Aspire 1, extras were added to the Aspire 3 to give it a power and performance boost for more intensive media consumption needs.
The Aspire 3 comes with either a 14-inch HD, 15.6-inch HD or 15.6-inch Full HD display. Processor options for the Aspire 3 include Intel Core, Celeron and Pentium processors, with up to 12 GB of memory. It also includes Acer’s BlueLightShield technology to reduce the exposure of blue light.
Pricing and Availability: The Acer Aspire 3 series will be available in North America in June starting at $299; in EMEA in June starting at €399; and in China in April starting at ¥2,799.
Aspire 5 – A workhorse that stands out from the crowd
Stepping up the capabilities and design to match more demanding user requirements, the Aspire 5 looks to fit a media heavy lifestyle – it’s a dependable workhorse for anyone needing to create and share.
- Powered by up to 7th Gen Intel Core processors, the latest NVIDIA GeForce graphics, and a maximum of 20 GB DDR4 2400 MHz memory.
- Range of options to choose from with HDDs up to 2 TB and M.2 SSDs up to 256 GB.
- 6-inch HD or Full HD display with IPS technology provides consistent colors and viewing from wide angles.
- Acer TrueHarmony – which delivers bolder, more lifelike audio for a richer and immersive media enjoyment experience – ensures a great Cortana with Voice experience.
- Skype for Business Certification ensures crisp and lag-free communication.
- For additional peripherals, there’s a USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 port, USB 3.0 port that supports power-off charging, and another two USB 2.0 ports.
Pricing and Availability: The Acer Aspire 5 series will be available in North America in June starting at $449; in EMEA in June starting at €549; and in China in April starting at ¥3,999.
Aspire 7 – Powerhouse Performance for Creators
At the top of the Aspire line sits the Aspire 7, designed for professionals such as designers and anyone who needs power and performance to match their professional ambitions.
- The Aspire 7 comes with either a 15-inch or 17-inch display
- Powerful 7th Gen Intel Core standard-voltage processor and up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics
- The Aspire 7 comes with up to 32 GB of DDR4 2400 MHz memory and ample storage (HDD up to 2 TB and M.2 SSD up to 512 GB)
- The Aspire 7 also packs a HD camera with HDR while Dolby Audio Premium provides a great entertainment experience.
- Speedy network connectivity is provided with 2×2 MIMO 802.11ac wireless technology and Gigabit Ethernet.
Pricing and Availability: The Acer Aspire 7 series will be available in North America in June starting at $799; in EMEA in July starting at €899; and in China in May starting at ¥5,999.
Acer unveils two new additions to its Swift series of ultraslim and stylish notebooks for on-the-go lifestyles
The two newest additions to its Swift series notebook line up, the Acer Swift 3 and Swift 1, both feature Windows 10 and support Windows Hello through fingerprint readers for fast and secure login, while Skype for Business certification ensures crisp and lag-free communication and a great Cortana with Voice experience. These highlight some of the best of the recently released Windows 10 Creators Update, such as 3D in Windows 10, tab management features in Microsoft Edge, night light, dynamic lock, and more.
Acer Swift 3 – Essential Features at a Compelling Price
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- Vivid 14-inch or 15.6-inch Full HD IPS anti-glare displays
- Measuring in at 0.71 inches (17.95 mm) in height and weighing 3.9 pounds (1.8 kg)
- 7th Generation Intel Core processors, Intel HD or NVIDIA GeForce graphics
- Up to 8GB of memory and 2×2 MIMO 802.11ac wireless technology for fast and reliable internet connectivity
- USB 3.1 Type-C port and an HD webcam with Super High Dynamic Range.
- Acer BluelightShield allows users to control how much blue light is emitted for reducing eye strain
- Acer TrueHarmony delivers bolder, more lifelike audio for a richer and immersive media enjoyment experience
- Optional backlit keyboard makes typing in dimly lit environment effortless and a spacious Precision Touchpad provides ample room for navigating, scrolling and zooming.
Pricing and Availability: The Swift 3 series will be available in North America in June with prices starting at $599; in EMEA in June with prices starting at €649; and in China in April starting at ¥3,999.
Acer Swift 1 – light and budget-friendly
Lightweight and priced right for a student or others on a budget, the Swift 1 is highly portable and includes essential features for productivity anywhere, making them great value. Measuring in at 0.7 inches (14.95 mm) in height and weighing 2.87 pounds (1.3 kg), the Swift 1’s all-metal chassis is available in three colors (Pure Silver, Luxury Gold, and Sakura Pink).
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- A 13.3-inch Full HD IPS1 display, an Intel Pentium or Celeron processor, 4GB of memory and either 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB of SSD or eMMC storage.
- Like the Swift 3, the Swift 1 also includes ultra-fast 2×2 MIMO 802.11ac wireless technology, providing seamless connectivity.
Pricing and Availability: The Swift 1 series will be available in North America in June with prices starting at $329; in EMEA in June with prices starting at €399; and in China in April starting at ¥3,499.
Acer expands Switch 2-in-1 line with powerful yet silent models
Acer expanded its popular Switch 2-in-1 notebook line with two new models – the Switch 5 and Switch 3 – featuring Windows 10 with the Creators Update, built with versatile, highly-mobile designs for work, school, and fun.
Both new Acer Switch 2-in-1 notebooks can be used with an Acer Active Pen on the touch screen to sketch, take notes or annotate documents or photos with Windows Ink or draw on the web with Microsoft Edge. Tablet Mode in Windows 10 delivers a smooth, touch-first experience where apps scale smoothly and onscreen features adapt for easy navigation.
They come with front and rear cameras for videoconferencing and capturing memories, with front webcams that provide 720p Full HD video recording. Both also have an attachable keyboard that snaps on with ultra-secure magnets and can be adjusted to your preference.
The Switch 5 and Switch 3 are available with ample storage and memory options, with a MicroSDXC slot. and a thin and reversible USB 3.1 Type-C port for fast data transfers of up to 5Gbps from connected peripherals, to share video and power other devices. Both lines also have an additional USB 3.1 Type-A port and Bluetooth 4.0.
Fanless Switch 5 is performance-minded, quiet, and reliable
The Acer Switch 5 builds on the industry-leading innovations of its predecessor, the Acer Switch Alpha 12, providing a fanless, quiet experience through Acer LiquidLoop cooling, and excellent performance with up to 7th Generation Intel Core i7 processors. Acer’s patented auto-retracting kickstand allows for easy one-handed adjustments to the viewing angle. It also supports Windows Hello with a built-in fingerprint reader for fast and secure access.
Features of the Acer Switch 5 include:
- The Acer Switch 5 is thin and light, weighing 1.27 kg (2.8 pounds) when the tablet and keyboard are connected. The Switch 5 tablet alone measures just 9.6 mm (0.38 inches) in height, and weighs 0.92 kg (2.03 pounds).
- Acer TrueHarmony and Smart Amplifier provide enhanced audio performance for clarity and robust volume to complement the exceptional display.
- A vibrant 12-inch wide-view FHD+ touch display with IPS technology, an impressive 2160 x 1440 resolution and support from Intel HD Graphics 620
- The Switch 5 supports a 256GB or 512GB PCIe SSD and up to 8GB of LPDDR3 SDRAM .
- For commercial customers, the Acer Switch 5 can be purchased with the Acer USB Type-C Dock that transforms the device into a powerful workstation.
Pricing and Availability: The Acer Switch 5 will be available in North America in June starting at $799; in EMEA in June starting at €1,099; and in China in July starting at ¥7,499.
Switch 3 delivers 2-in-1 flexibility on a budget
The Switch 3 brings excellent usability and performance to students, families and anyone looking for an excellent all-around value. The device runs on Intel Pentium and Celeron processors that deliver solid every day performance and up to 8 hours of battery life. The 12.2-inch display is designed to deliver incredible precision and a responsive 10-point touch experience. It has a wide 178-degree viewing angle and 1920×1200 FHD resolution with IPS technology.
Features of the Acer Switch 3 include:
- The Switch 3 weighs 0.9 kg (1.98 pounds) when the tablet and keyboard are connected. The Switch 3 tablet alone measures just 9.95 mm (0.39 inches) in height, and weighs 0.9 kg (1.98 pounds).
- The Switch 3 supports 32GB, 64GB or 128GB eMMC memory and up to 4GB of LPDDR3 SDRAM4.
- The front-facing speakers complement the stunning visuals with enhanced volume and quality for rich, expressive tones.
Pricing and Availability: The Acer Switch 3 will be available in North America in June starting at $399; in EMEA in June starting at €499; and in China in July starting at ¥4,999.
Ultra-slim all-in-one Aspire desktops with Windows 10
Yesterday, Acer also announced two new sleek all-in-one desktops with Windows 10: the 27-inch Aspire U27 and 23.8-inch Aspire Z24. With 7th Gen Intel Core processors and optional Intel Optane Memory, both devices provide a powerful and responsive Windows 10 experience, while adding a touch of style to the home environment. Both have up to 32 GB of DDR4 2400 MHz memory and boast elegant, space-saving aluminum stands. With Windows Hello, members of the family can each log in to their accounts faster and more securely than before via facial recognition. Skype for Business certification ensures a crisp and lag-free communication experience during video conferences.
The Aspire U27 with Windows 10:
- An impressive ultrathin 12 mm (0.5 inches) chassis with an elegant diamond-cut v-shaped metal stand, bringing a new dimension to home computing and entertainment.
- A 27-inch Full HD wide viewing angle display (1920 x 1080), and a specially designed subwoofer bringing powerfully deep bass
- Acer’s LiquidLoop fanless cooling system uses liquid evaporation and condensation to transport and dissipate heat, making it energy efficient and extending the product’s lifetime by doing away with detrimental dust buildup.
Pricing and Availability: The Acer Aspire U27 will be available in North America in July starting at $1,099; and in EMEA in May starting at €1,299.
The Aspire Z24 with Windows 10:
- Extremely thin at 11 mm (0.4 inches) with a beautifully shaped rear cover, making it a handsome addition to any room in the house.
- Available with NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics, providing extra power for a wide range of activities.
Pricing and Availability: The Acer Aspire Z24 will be available in North America in July starting at $899; in EMEA in June starting at €749; and in China in June starting at ¥4,999.
To learn more about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office via www.acer.com.
These powerful new devices were unveiled at the next@acer press event held in New York, where the company announced a range of new devices and solutions for gamers, creators, families, students and professionals. For more information, visit www.acer.com/nextatacer.
*Cortana available in select markets
Updated April 28, 2017 7:21 am