Today at IFA, Acer announced a series of innovative new devices powered by Windows 10, including additions to its premium Predator gaming line; a new all-in-one desktop PC in its Aspire desktop series; and new detachable devices for working on-the-go with the next generation of their Swift, Spin, and Switch models.
These devices light up the best of the Windows 10 Creators Update, including the all-new Paint 3D app and Remix3D.com community, Windows Defender Security Center, Night light, mini view and more. They also arrive built-in with Microsoft Edge for fast and secure browsing, your digital personal assistant Cortana* and comprehensive protection with Windows Defender. With some, you can also login quickly and securely with Windows Hello using a built-in fingerprint reader or draw on your memories in the Photos app and add notes to your map route with Windows Ink.
Let’s take a closer look at these devices:
Acer expands Predator Gaming arsenal with powerful PCs and a 35-inch HDR Monitor
Powering virtual reality apps with ease and supporting over 8K UHD, the Acer Predator Orion 9000 series gaming desktops feature up to an Intel Core i9 Extreme Edition 18-core processor, up to 4-way AMD Radeon RX Vega graphics or two NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti graphics in SLI. With the Windows 10 Creators Update, you can easily take advantage of unlocked frame rate, native, live game streaming with Mixer through the Game bar, DirectX 12 support, join your gaming community with Xbox Live through the Xbox app, and more.
Other features include:
- Liquid cooling and Acer’s IceTunnel 2.0 keep the temperature down while the game heats up. IceTunnel 2.0 is an advanced airflow management solution that cleverly separates the system into several thermal zones, each with an individual airflow tunnel to expel heat.
- Up to 4-way AMD Radeon RXVega cards to deliver near-photorealistic imagery
- Up to a cutting-edge Intel Core i9 Extreme Edition 18-core processor and up to 128 GB quad-channel DDR4 memory, making computing faster and smoother than ever. Excellent connectivity includes two USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports (one Type-C and one Type-A), eight USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (one Type-C and seven Type-A), and two USB 2.0 ports (Type-A).
- Supports three M.2 slots and four PCIe x16 slots provide ample expansion for video cards.
- Pricing and Availability: The Acer Predator Orion 9000 gaming desktops will be available in North America in December with prices starting at $1,999; and in EMEA in November starting at €1,999.
Acer Predator X35
This 35-inch, 21:9 monitor sports an immersive 1800 curve and a brilliant (3440 x 1440) WQHD resolution. Featuring NVIDIA G-SYNC, Acer HDR Ultra and quantum dot technologies, it also provides the best possible contrast quality with high dynamic range.
- 4 ms response time and high 200 Hz refresh rate combined with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Outfitted with Predator GameView, there are eight pre-set display modes to optimize visuals for different types of action.
- Acer BlueLightShield technology lets you reduce blue light emissions by selecting from four different filter settings via the OSD menu.
- Pricing and Availability: The Predator X35 display will be available in Q1 2018
Predator Galea 500 gaming headset
The Predator Galea 500 gaming headset puts you right inside the game, giving you the ability to hear and not just see the exact location of elements within the game. Acer TrueHarmony 3D Soundscape technology recreates the acoustic space based on the orientation of the player’s head, convincing the brain that sound is coming from a fixed direction.
Acer launches new ultraslim, convertible, and detachable devices: the Swift 5, Spin 5 and Switch 7 Black Edition
Acer also expanded its portfolio of ultraslim convertible and detachable devices powered by Windows 10 with the next generation of Swift, Spin and Switch models. The powerful additions all feature the latest 8th Generation Intel Core processors, more secure biometric technology supporting Windows Hello, and usability features that provide next-level functionality for both professional use and entertainment.
Switch 7 Black Edition
The pioneering Acer Switch 7 Black Edition is a super-stylish detachable, fanless 2-in-1 notebook for the modern professional who values mobility, performance and stylus input capabilities.
- Acer’s Dual LiquidLoop technology fanless cooling system
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics
- Weighs less than 1.15 kg (2.5 lbs.) with the keyboard detached.
- Features Acer AutoStand: a kickstand that can be auto-deployed and auto-retracted
- 5-inch IPS display with 2256×1504 resolution
- Embedded battery-free stylus powered by Wacom EMR technology for more authentic writing and sketching experience with Windows Ink.
- Supports Windows Hello with an under-glass fingerprint sensor design that allows you to login instantly with just one touch.
- Pricing and Availability: The Acer Switch 7 Black Edition will be available in North America in December with prices starting at $1,699; and in EMEA in December starting at €1,999.
Swift 5 with Windows 10
The new Swift 5 with Windows 10 and 8th Generation Intel Core processors is designed for superb portability and solid performance; the elegant chassis weighs less than 1 kg, making it ideal for work on the go.
- 8-hour battery life and 2×2 802.11ac wireless allows you to work effectively on the go all day – even at night, thanks to the backlit keyboard.The new Swift 5 with Windows 10 and 8th Generation Intel Core processors are designed for superb portability and solid performance; the elegant chassis weighs less than 1 kg, making it ideal for work on the go.
- Interactive multi-touch Full HD IPS touchscreen and narrow bezel design maximizes the viewing experience.
- Premium technology provides powerful and clear audio while Skype for Business certification ensures crisp video conferencing and a great experience with Cortana.
- Pricing and Availability: The Acer Swift 5 will be available in North America in December starting at $999; in EMEA in December starting at €1,099; and in China in November starting at ¥7,499.
Spin 5 with Windows 10
Lightweight and portable, the Spin 5’s versatile, convertible form factor makes it a perfect platform to create and share content.
- Easy to carry around, the 13-inch model of the Spin 5 weighs in at 1.5 kg and measure in a 15.9 mm thin, while its 15-inch sibling is just over 2 kg in weight and 17.9 mm thin.
- Engineered to pack a punch with 8th Generation Intel Core processors, up to 16GB of DDR4 memory, up to 13-hours of battery life, and a discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics option for the 15-inch model
- Works with an optional Acer Active Stylus for incredible precision, offering greater control during work and increased usability through Windows Ink
- Acer’s omnidirectional ExoAmp Antenna optimizes the Spin 5’s antenna position to ensure a stable wireless signal
- Acer TrueHarmony, Dolby Audio Premium technology and two-front facing speakers for a crystal clear and immersive audio experience; the Spin 5 integrates four array microphones combined with far-field voice-recognition technology that allows users to access Cortana from up to four meters away. This enables them to get quick, hands-free answers, check the weather or traffic, set a reminder, get an overview of their daily schedule, and more—all just by using their voice..
- Pricing and Availability: The Acer Spin 5 will be available in North America in September with both the 13-inch and 15-inch models starting at $799; and in EMEA in September with the 13-inch model starting at €899 and the 15-inch model starting at €999.
Acer pushes the boundaries of the desktop with new Aspire S24
Designed with elegance in mind, the ultra-slim Aspire S24 is all-in-one desktop has a display with a side profile of only 5.97 mm – making it Acer’s slimmest ever – a 178-degree Full HD IPS screen, and an ultra-narrow 2.7 mm bezel that provides a 90% screen-to-body ratio for more screen to see.
- The wireless charging base allows you to seamlessly power their mobile device and supports wireless charging for Qi-enabled devices
- The latest 8th Generation Intel Core processors with optional Intel Optane memory enables the Aspire S24 to power through everyday tasks with ease, while delivering a smooth computing experience.
- Wireless connectivity powered by Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC (802.11ac 2×2 MIMO) technology provides fast and reliable network connections
- 1 channel subwoofer coupled with Dolby Audio Premium and Acer TrueHarmony technology the desktop for a powerful deep base audio experience
- -5 to 30 degree tiltable display combined with Acer ExaColor technology for accurate colors, and BluelightShield and Flickerless technologies that may help prevent eye fatigue
- Up to 256 GB SSD and 2TB HDD of storage space
- Pricing and Availability: The Acer Aspire S24 will be available in North America in January 2018 starting at $999; and in EMEA in November 2017 starting at €999.
These innovative new Windows 10 devices were unveiled today at the next@acer press event held in Berlin, where the company announced a range of new devices and solutions. For more information, visit acer.com/nextatacer.
*Cortana available in select markets.
Updated June 28, 2018 8:08 am