These new devices light up some of the best of Windows 10 — including the Paint 3D app and Remix3D.com community, your digital personal assistant Cortana*, Windows Hello for fast and secure login, Windows Ink for drawing on photos or marking up webpages in Microsoft Edge, comprehensive protection with Windows Defender and more. Let’s take a closer look:
XPS 15 2-in-1
Balancing high performance with a sleek design, the first XPS 15 2-in-1 delivers the CPU and graphics horsepower to run content creation apps, process huge files and play AAA games while featuring touch, pen, an innovative maglev keyboard and the screen real estate that creators crave. Expert craftsmanship, premium materials and finishes including machined aluminum, carbon fiber and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 make this a functional, futuristic design.
Features of the XPS 15 2-in-1 include:
- Built with Windows 10, it arrives equipped with the Xbox app, support for DirectX 12, and enables gamers to easily and quickly stream their gameplay using Mixer, without any added hardware or software
- New 8th Gen Intel Core processor combines a high-performance Intel CPU and discrete Radeon RX Vega M graphics in a single package
- Eye-catching next-generation InfinityEdge 4K Ultra HD display
Pricing and availability: Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 will be available in the U.S. on Dell.com in April starting at $1,299.99.
In case you missed it, Dell also announced the XPS 13 earlier this week at CES – a device powered by Windows 10, featuring a Rose Gold exterior and Alpine White woven glass fiber interior as an option to traditional silver and black, with narrower borders, higher 4K Ultra HD resolution and GORE Thermal Insulation to keep the system cool while it works hard. Read more in our blog post:
Pricing and availability: Dell XPS 13 is available on Dell.com, Microsoft.com and your local Microsoft Store starting at $999 with an 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor.
VR-ready Dell Inspiron Gaming Desktop
Dell also unveiled today new VR-ready Dell Inspiron Gaming Desktop starting at just $799. Engineered for PC gamers, the new Inspiron Gaming Desktop features 8th Gen Intel quad- and hex-core processors and graphics; Windows 10 so you can stay connected with friends on Xbox Live with the Xbox app, support for DirectX 12, and enables quick and easy game streaming through Mixer, without the need for extra hardware or software; solid-state drive options offer faster boot-up times and intelligent thermal design provide longer gaming sessions.
New monitors and a performance uplift for Dell’s Latitude portfolio
Designed for the mobile workforce, Dell’s Latitude portfolio of secure and manageable commercial notebooks and 2-in-1s has been fully refreshed with the latest 15W dual-core and quad-core 8th Gen Intel Core vPro processors, delivering significant performance improvement.
The Latitude product line also has been updated with several exciting new hidden innovations. For example, the Latitude 7490 notebook features an exclusive active steering antenna that delivers better WiFi range, and a new Full HD super low power display that reduces power consumption by up to 50 percent, resulting in several hours of additional battery life.
Pricing and availability:
- Dell Latitude 7490 Notebook is available on Dell.com starting at $1,049
- Dell Latitude 5490 Notebook is available on Dell.com starting at $779
- Dell Latitude 7390 2-in-1 is available on Dell.com starting at $1,149
- Dell Latitude 5290 2-in-1 is available on Dell.com starting at $899
With the new Dell 27 Ultrathin Monitor (S2719DM) and Dell 24 Ultrathin Monitor (S2419HM), pictures come to life in luminous, vivid color and both monitors support HDR-content playback for a CinemaColor experience, producing beautiful color depth, clarity and contrast in a virtually borderless InfinityEdge display for strikingly realistic images. With a sleek profile at only 5.5mm at its thinnest, both monitors deliver peak brightness of 600 nits.
Pricing and availability:
- Dell 27 Ultrathin Monitor (S2719DM) will be available globally Jan. 30 on Dell.com starting at $499.99.
- Dell 24 Ultrathin Monitor (S2419HM) will be available globally Jan. 30 on Dell.com starting at $299.99.
- Dell Portable Thunderbolt 3 SSD in 500GB ($439) and 1TB ($799) will be available globally Feb. 28 on Dell.com.
Immersive experiences with Dell Cinema
Now more than ever, people watch movies and TV shows on their PCs with the expectation of a full cinematic experience, including studio sound and visual quality, as creators intend. That experience is now available on XPS and select Inspiron PCs through Dell Cinema, an immersive audio and visual experience.
- CinemaColor: Powered by Windows HD Color, decodes and displays high dynamic range (HDR) streamed content with enhanced detail, more vivid hues, sharper brightness and a wider color gamut
- CinemaSound: A Dell exclusive audio innovation powered by Waves MaxxAudio Pro that delivers clearer highs, enhanced bass and higher volume for a true cinematic audio experience
- CinemaStream: powered by Killer and SmartByte, a software-based that optimizes online streaming and interactive video resulting in less buffering, more bandwidth and better resolution
Visit the Dell CES 2018 press site for in-depth product info, images, releases and more; watch Dell’s CES 2018 news conference live or replay visit; and head over here for more partner news out of CES!
*Cortana available in select markets.