We are excited to announce the availability of the public preview of Microsoft Azure IoT Device Agent V2 for Windows 10 IoT. Customers across industries, whether in an industrial setting or retail environment, are looking for ways to remotely provision and manage their IoT devices. Direct device access may not always be feasible when IoT devices are out in the field or on the factory floor. Microsoft Azure IoT Device Agent enables operators to configure, monitor and manage their devices remotely from their Azure dashboard. Microsoft Azure IoT Device Agent provides an open-source, ready to build package that does the following:
- creates and manages the Azure IoT Hub identities on the device
- manages the cloud connection and its renewal
- provides a plug-in model for platform components, which allows easy onboarding to various Azure services, including discovery, initialization, error reporting and state aggregation
- comes with a set of ready-to-ship plug-ins for commonly used platform components
- leverages Azure IoT Module twin such that a separate UWP app is no longer required in order to connect to Azure IoT Hub
Microsoft Azure IoT Device Agent V2 is available for both Windows 10 IoT Enterprise- and Windows 10 IoT Core-based devices and includes the following open-source libraries and executables out of the box:
- Limpet.exe that allows local processes to use TPM for storing and retrieving Azure connection strings
- Azure IoT Hub Device Provisioning Service (DPS) client that enables zero-touch, just-in-time provisioning to the right Azure IoT Hub
- Azure IoT Hub Device Management (DM) client that provides remote device management capabilities such as device info, certificate management, factory reset, reboot management, remote wipe, time management, Windows telemetry management and Windows update management
Here is a link to the quickstart to get started with the preview.
For quick prototyping and testing we have added one-click install of Azure DPS and DM clients in Windows Device Portal for Windows 10 October 2018 update.
Want to learn more?
You can learn more about Azure IoT Device Agent as part of our end-to-end Azure IoT solution at the IoT in Action Virtual Bootcamp. Register at https://lnkd.in/gh3EKGp.
We want to hear from you!
As always, your feedback is very important to us! Please share your comments, questions, or concerns on our github page. We’re listening!