In January we announced the “Windows 8.1 business user guide package” and promised that there was more great user readiness content coming. Today we are pleased to announce the availability of the Windows 8.1 User Readiness Toolkit for IT Professionals.
We know all users are capable of greatness, but sometimes can use a little help starting off on their Windows 8.1 journey. As an IT professional, you can start your users off on the right foot with this toolkit. You will help your users employ Windows 8.1 with confidence, excitement, and all of the tools they need to succeed.
Built on a staged-learning approach to Windows 8.1 adoption, the Windows 8.1 User Readiness Toolkit includes a broad range of tools:
1. User Roadmap – Provide an overview of the Windows 8.1 User Readiness Toolkit, including the staged user learning roadmap, and the resources and the steps of how to best utilize it in your organization.
Available in print version, web version, and InDesign file for customization.
2. User Tip Sheet – Give users this 1 pager tip sheet on Day 1 to help them get acquainted with Windows 8.1 in a few minutes.
Available in both PDF and PowerPoint format so that you can customize it to fit your needs.
3. Email template library– Send out these eight email messages (on T-10, T-5, Day 1, Week 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6) to provide staged tips and online resources to your users.
Available in both HTML and OFT formats for you to leverage.
4. Posters and flyers– Display these posters and corresponding flyers in public areas in your company to announce windows 8.1 deployment and raise awareness. You can pick the style of the posters that best fits your organization.
Available in both PDF and PowerPoint format. You can add your roll-out starting date, your company logo and internal website for further customization.
5. In-house trainer toolkit – Utilize these three 30-minutes scripts and short slide decks to prepare in-house user training.
6. Windows 8.1 business user training videos – Users can utilize these short videos (~4 minutes each) as self-learning tools on basic Windows 8.1 features and capabilities via guided, step-by-step instruction.
You can also leverage the Windows 8.1 Quick Guide for Business to provide users a basic introduction to key Windows 8.1 capabilities, as well as the Windows 8.1 Power User Guide for Businessfor users who want to learn more about the advanced features of Windows 8.1.
We hope this toolkit and user readiness resources can help you communicate, educate, and recommend the Windows 8.1 experience to your users. For more information about end-user training resources, please visit the Windows Enterprise Resource site. Thank you!
Alicia Chen, Product Marketing Manager, Windows Commercial