Since the first tweet went out on the #WinWin7 Twitter Contest, the Windows Outreach Team on Microsoft’s official Windows Twitter account @MSWindows has been busy giving away some great (and somewhat goofy) prizes to their followers. The best part, through, is that I hear that things are just heating up.
Here’s a recap of what they’ve given away in the #WinWin7 promotion so far:
- 7 piping hot pizzas delivered right to followers’ doors
- 7 pounds of candy to satisfy followers’ penchants for sugar
- $7.77 in shiny Andrew Jackson dollars and pennies
- 7 Microsoft keyboards and mice (PC mice, not live mice, that’d get messy)
- @WindowsGamer gave away some signed Warhammer art books
- 2 gaming keyboards from @WindowsGamer
- 7 sodas from the stash on Microsoft’s Redmond campus
There’s more to come and the prizes are only getting better (and somewhat goofier).
Starting today, they are making a push for 77,777 followers by Windows 7 GA (October 22nd). Starting at 42,777 followers, they will give out a copy of Windows 7 to one of their lucky followers. Starting there, they will continue to give away a copy of Windows 7 for every 2,000 followers (so, at 44,777 then 46,777 and on and on). For those good at math, the more people we get to join, the more chances you (as a follower) have of winning a copy of Windows 7. All followers of @MSWindows are eligible, so those who have been loyal followers since the beginning are still in the running. Winners will receive their copy of Windows 7 they won after the Oct. 22 launch date.
When the magical number of 77,777 is reached, the Windows Outreach Team has some great (and super-secret) prizes to hand out. If you’re not following @MSWindows on Twitter already, you should consider doing so as things look like they will get pretty interesting 😉
For more on the Windows Outreach Team, read this blog post.