Your Windows PC is great. Your Windows Phone is great. Windows Live is great. But did you know that if you put all of them together you’ve got a pretty incredible way of creating and sharing amazing photos anywhere and anytime?
It’s true. And it’s super easy.
What I’m talking about is snapping a photo on a Windows Phone, auto-uploading those photos to SkyDrive (free online storage that comes with every Windows Live account) so you can access them anywhere you’ve got the internet, downloading them on to a Windows 7 PC through Internet Explorer 9, making them perfect and tagging your friends in Windows Live Photo Gallery, then one-touch publishing the finished product to Facebook so your friends all over the world can see them online or on their phones.
Check out the video for the step-by-step how-to:
See? Easy! I use this combination all the time to take, edit and share pictures of my kids.
A few things you’ll need to do to get this scenario ready to rock on your gear:
On your Windows Phone:
– Tap Settings, swipe to Applications then touch Pictures + Camera.
– Make sure that you’ve set your phone to automatically share to SkyDrive.
In Windows Live:
– Go to www.hotmail.com and get a Live ID. This will get a Hotmail (or Live) account and access to your personal SkyDrive.
– Log in to Hotmail, then drag the Hotmail (or SkyDrive) tab to your taskbar to create a favicon so you can easily access your Live services with one click.
On your PC:
– Download Windows Live Essentials from download.live.com. This is the way to get Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, Live Mesh and the rest of the Live Essentials Suite. And forget…it’s completely free!
– Connect Windows Live Photo Gallery to your Facebook account. Just click the Facebook icon to get started.
Want more PC & Phone news and tips? Follow me on Twitter!