With my busy job at Microsoft, it’s hard for me to stay in touch with friends and family year round. I lived in Maine ten years ago, then Canada, then Colorado, DC and finally NYC before moving to Seattle. That means a lot of friends in a lot of different places. So, when I do connect I want it to mean a lot and I want it to be in person. That’s why I love Windows Live Messenger’s video chat, Facebook chat sync and photo-sharing services. In fact, I love it so much I’m devoting this week’s chat to the topic.
During this week’s Tech Tuesday Live Twitter Chat, we’ll focus on staying in touch and sharing with your friends and family. One of the easiest and most popular ways to do this is through Windows Live Messenger. You can send Video Messages to friends and family when you are unable to reach them. In case you didn’t’ know, you can also share photos, videos, and search results while you video call friends and family. We’ll share how to do this, what to expect and fun tips and pointers.
- Find out about the recent improvements in Windows Live Essentials.
- Learn how to say it with movies and pictures.
- See who is on Facebook and Messenger chat. (Hint 1.5 billion!)
As always, join us from 12-1 PT (3-4 ET) on Twitter
- Follow the hashtag #win7tech
- Follow @windows, @kristinalibby, @messenger, @windowslive, @brandonleblanc,@benthepcguy, @daniellaycock, and @windowsblog to make sure you get the whole picture.
Note we will only be talking about the outlined topic each week and we will not be answering questions outside those topics. Questions for this week may include: “Why would I want to chat with friends and family?” “What other services is Messenger compatible with?” and “Can I use Messenger on my phone?”