ALCATEL ONETOUCH Announces New Windows 10 Phone Coming Soon to T-Mobile
On the heels of Monday’s announcement, where I shared there are more than 200 million monthly active devices around the world running Windows 10, it’s exciting to see the new devices at CES that are now launching or coming soon. In addition to the fantastic devices, including PCs, 2-in-1s, and mobile phones from our partners Samsung, HP, Lenovo, and Acer, there are a variety of devices building on Windows 10.
A couple of devices unveiled today by ALCATEL ONETOUCH respond directly to the feedback we have received to expand carrier availability of Windows 10 to more phones and tablets.
Earlier this week, ALCATEL ONETOUCH announced their first tablet running Windows 10, the PIXI 3, an 8-inch tablet that features 4G LTE connectivity, enabling full telephony and GPS support. The PIXI 3 will be available in three colors: white, gold and volcano black. It will first be available in Europe and Latin America in April 2016.
In addition, we’re very excited about ALCATEL ONETOUCH’s first Windows 10 phone, the ALCATEL ONETOUCH Fierce XL.
This new device offers great Windows 10 features like Cortana, Microsoft Edge, and Microsoft Office Mobile productivity applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and OneDrive. We’re excited about this device because it enables us to offer Windows 10 on a new mobile phone to T-Mobile customers at an affordable price point of $139.99 and through T-Mobile’s phone financing program it’s $0 down ($5.84 for 23 months, $5.67 for 24th month). It will be available exclusively at participating T-Mobile stores nationwide in the coming weeks.
Here are just a few of the great Windows 10 features on the ALCATEL ONETOUCH Fierce XL:
- Cortana on the Fierce XL: Cortana comes pre-installed on the Fierce XL, providing a personal digital assistant to keep you up-to-date on your schedule, provide driving directions and appointment reminders, help you check the latest weather reports and more.
- On the go Office: Featuring the latest versions of Office Mobile applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote, staying productive while being on the go is easy with the Fierce XL. And Windows 10 Mobile, combined with quad-core processing and a powerful 2500mAh battery, you can be productive out of the office all day.
- Microsoft Edge: Browsing the web is easy with Microsoft Edge on the Fierce XL. You can find content faster with the Microsoft Edge address bar, which includes personalized recommendations to get you to the content you seek.
Browsing the web is easy with Microsoft Edge on the Fierce XL
- It all begins with Start: With the Fierce XL, you can enjoy easy to use one-touch personalized access to all the things you care about, like news, weather, social apps like Twitter and Facebook and more. Live Tiles help you stay current at a glance with important information from the people that matter most, their photos, even calendar notifications.
- Windows 10 Mobile
- 5-inch HD Display (1280×720 pixels)
- 1GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ Quad-Core Processor
- 4G LTE Cat 4 (B2/4/12)
- 8MP AF Main Camera with x2 Digital Zoom + 2MP Front-Facing Camera
- 2GB of RAM + 16GB of storage (expandable up to 32GB with MicroSD)
- 2500mAH battery for up to 14 hours of talk time and 820 hours of standby time
- Additional Features: VoLTE, FCC Mandated Anti-Theft Protection and T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling compatibility
For more information on Fierce XL with Windows 10, visit www.alcatelonetouch.us. We’re really excited to see the innovation from so many great partners this week at CES.